2010 Mustang GT Radio Console not illuminating - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2010 Mustang GT Radio Console not illuminating

Hoping someone can help. My 2010 Mustang GT radio screen no longer illuminates. I checked all the little plastic fuses in the passenger side fuse box and all look good.

Any other suggestions how I can get the radio to illuminate again?

Thanks very much in advance

2010 GT Premium

Eibach ProSystem Plus, Airaid CAI, BBK Catted X Pipe, Flowmaster Outlaw Axlebacks, 20" Staggered Black DF5 Wheels (275/35/20 & 255/35/20), BAMA 93 Race Tune, Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Rotor & Pad Kit, American Muscle Graphic Smoked Light Tint, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Raxiom Map LEDs
Mgalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I don't own a newer model like yours,but from researching info about the newer models,the following things were listed that you can try to solve your issue.It was stated,that anytime you leave an electrical item plugged in to your power outlet (for charging) for an extended amount of time (with the vehicle turned off) it will trigger a drain on the battery and once it reaches a set point,it will trigger the radio to shut completely off (similar to tripping a breaker) Even a usb cable,thats not plugged into anything,will cause it to drain.Owners mentioned anywhere from a few hours to a few days of an item or a usb itself being plugged into the power outlet,with the vehicle off,could cause this.The first thing to try is making sure fuse #3 & #39 are good.Next,disconnect the neg battery cable for 10-15 minutes then reconnect it.If the radio doesn't come on once you reconnect the battery and start the vehicle,the battery may require that you drive the vehicle at highway speeds for 60-120 minutes before it will have time to charge enough to reset the radio.If this doesn't work,put the battery on a trickle charger until fully charged then drive it for 60-120 minutes. Apparently,once the battery reaches a full charge again,the radio should start working again.I guess once the battery drains to a specific value,anything not crucial to engine startup is shutdown so that the starter,pcm,etc will have enough battery reserve to allow the engine to start and run.
XE276HR .544" .544"
Flowtech 1 3/4"
Prochamber w FM
wbrockstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Tags
2010 mustang