16 Mustang GT Auto trans shifting from park to reverse to drive issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2019, 09:25 AM   #1

16 Mustang GT Auto trans shifting from park to reverse to drive issues

So I have a 16 Mustang GT auto transmission and have on two separate occasions had issues with my transmission. From a parked position (while the car is running) and shift it into reverse, the transmission feels like it’s in neutral. Then shifting it into drive from reverse still feels like neutral. There’s no noises or bark clunks of any kind. After shifting through reverse,neutral,drive a few times it goes into gear seamlessly. It has me concerned that’s it’s now happened twice. Has anyone dealt with this issue that can advise me what may be causing this because the car has no shifting issues while driving at any speeds. It seems related to shifting out of park.
scottybz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 08:33 PM   #2

Region: Pennsylvania
I have a 2015 and this has never happened to me. I think I would contact a dealer and have them at least look at it?
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
REG

Region: Pennsylvania
Sluggish reverse shift

There was a TSB on 2013-14 with 6R80 with sluggish engagement to reverse.Look up TSB 13-4-15.
May have creeped its way back in later model years.
Had the repair done on my 13 and it still does it sometimes
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #4

Ok I will check that out. So far it’s only happened twice but wanted other people’s input to see if it’s a known issue. It shifts perfectly fine so I’m hoping the worst case scenario is something like a sensor or something
scottybz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert