Sctf3 bama tuner fast theft light immobilizer code crank no start - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #1

Region: Tennessee
Sctf3 bama tuner fast theft light immobilizer code crank no start

Mine is a 99 Mustang GT 5 speed I bought a Bama tuner off of my uncle is was a 04 Mustang GT 5 speed as soon as we flashed a map to my car the 99 hasn't started since it will crank over and sputter but not getting fuel fast blinking that fly and immobilizer code on DTC someone help please first Mustang ever I'm a molar guy myself but I like it runs strong very fun b4 I started to get and make it faster like I said help would be appreciated and by the way not sounding like an *** but I've worked on vehicles my whole life so I know the battery is good and I've tried everything there is to try that I know of except for the magnets on the key almost fed up with the car so someone help please change my mind and get this fun machine back on the road thank you and God bless
Schaunc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #2

Region: Other
Longest run on sentence ever....

Have you tried returning it to stock?
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #3

First and foremost I'm not looking for any smart *** answers or comments not trying to be a dick just saying I'm a 29 year old male that's a very good mechanic so all the petty stuff like leaving the key on for 10 minutes running a magnet over it all that's been done just know nothing about tuners or Mustangs and not very familiar with Forums on the internet since I've never had to get on one before all I want is my problem fixed and if anybody out there is it can help with that I greatly appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #4

And btw I use Bluetooth code readers mine is a 99 now ever the obd2 scanner is saying my car is an 04 lol I'm just so confused and really like the car is fun to drive and raise hell in and don't want to get tired of it or fed up with it just because of this seems like all it's doing is not getting fuel I don't know
Old 10-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #5

Region: Other
Again, have you returned it to stock? Removed the tune?
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
Lorraine's driver

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaunc11 View Post
And btw I use Bluetooth code readers mine is a 99 now ever the obd2 scanner is saying my car is an 04 lol I'm just so confused and really like the car is fun to drive and raise hell in and don't want to get tired of it or fed up with it just because of this seems like all it's doing is not getting fuel I don't know
When I ordered my tuner from Bama years ago, they wanted a code from the side of the computer. I'm assuming they do the same for GT's and any other model. I'm betting it has something to do with the codes not matching between your uncle's 04 and your 99, as well as whatever differences there are between 99's and 04's. I'd try returning it to stock. Hopefully it didn't brick your computer lol. If it flashes your stock tune back on the computer, then you should be good. Unfortunately, you'll now need to contact Bama and order a tune specific to your 99. I'm sure they'll charge you, but I'm not sure what that'll be. If you can't flash the stock tune back to your computer, you'll need to visit a Ford dealership and have them reflash your computer. I'm not sure what that will cost, but I've heard $100 floating around the webs. I can't say whether that is a legit cost though. Good luck
Old 10-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #7

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
Longest run on sentence ever....
Seems to be the norm unfortunately in this day and age.........
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
Staff
Staff

Region: Europe
Return the car to stock. You bought a married tuner with tunes for someone else's car "Mr. 29 year old male who is a really good mechanic". Return to stock, return the tuner to your uncle, have him unmarry it if possible and then get an actual tune put on it. Bama is absolute junk.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang 101 - Tech Basics | Ask an Expert