Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (https://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   Mustang Audio & Video (https://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f169/)
-   -   Radio resets every time I start engine (https://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f169/t319461/)

kfuson92 12-29-2012 04:41 PM

Radio resets every time I start engine

Now, I know what you're all gonna do, refer me to another thread about a fuse being blown, the constant and acc power being switched, etc., but let me explain.
I got this mustang in a trade, and the PO installed a sony head unit, wiring looks alright, after market harness adapter it looks like, and all other wires were spliced in with quick connect tubes. The radio will turn on, I set stations, clock etc, and then turn the car off. Switch it trip acc on, and everything is still saved, it isn't until I actually start the engine that it resets. I've checked all fuses under the dash, checked for constant power, and acc, and everything seems to be on order. I am totally lost on this one. Amy suggestions? It does crank pretty slow, and the battery isn't the proper battery i don't think, it's got a mercedes benz battery?

deadsp0t 12-29-2012 05:17 PM

Bad battery and or grounding could be your issue if the fuses all in fact check out as well as the wiring.

Personally I'd identify the constant and be sure it is connected to a constant source.

kfuson92 12-29-2012 05:20 PM

Yeah I checked the constant with my test light, the yellow wire on the sony harness is constant, the red is accessory. I'll check the ground tomorrow. As well as get the battery tested.

deadsp0t 12-29-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfuson92 (Post 1438797)
Yeah I checked the constant with my test light, the yellow wire on the sony harness is constant, the red is accessory. I'll check the ground tomorrow. As well as get the battery tested.

Check the block/batt ground as well. Maybe even unhook and clean them regardless how they look. Eliminating potential problem areas is how troubleshooting is done.

Your constant has power while you are starting the car as well?

kfuson92 12-29-2012 05:27 PM

Will do. I did not think to test the constant while I was starting the car, but that is on my to do list for tomorrow

deadsp0t 12-29-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfuson92 (Post 1438804)
Will do. I did not think to test the constant while I was starting the car, but that is on my to do list for tomorrow

:good: I'm no expert in wiring or electronics but troubleshooting is what I do.. Hope we can help. If we don't get you some help I will move this thread to the audio section.

kfuson92 12-30-2012 12:54 PM

Well, using my test light, I rested the ground connection behind the stereo, and it's fine, as well as tested the constant power while craning the motor. It dimmed while I started it, but never went completely out. Cleaned the connections to both battery terminals, and still no luck.

Spaceghost 12-30-2012 06:39 PM

The blue wire to ur memory is not hook up right make sure the diagram is right

Jayjay 12-30-2012 06:52 PM

100 bucks its the battery.

Justasix98 12-31-2012 06:38 PM

The blue wire is a remote, used for running a seperate amp. In all honesty it really sounds like your acc/constant is reversed. Gotta remember the yellow wire is the ignition from the car but the ignition wire on your head unit may be red.

02:51 AM