Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up these axle backs second hand a few months back. Nobody really seemed to know where they came from (seller wasn’t sure either) so I’ve started calling them the “mystery mufflers”. This got them installed on my 2014 GT and made a video of the install and a sound comparison between these and my Roush axle backs.

I did some searching and they bear slight resemblance to the flow master outlaws and the American Muscle SR performance axle backs but not close enough to either to be a confirmed match IMO.

Anyways, here’s the video. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
They both sound good, you did a lot of work.
I like the Roush at idle. I have a 14 as well with Borla touring axle backs.
They all sound similar.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They both sound good, you did a lot of work.
I like the Roush at idle. I have a 14 as well with Borla touring axle backs.
They all sound similar.
Thanks man. After driving around with the mystery mufflers for a week, I got tired of the drone...it was worse than the Roush. This weekend I took those off and put the stock mufflers back on the first time in almost six years. I couldn't believe how quiet the car is. I still need to get the Roush mufflers cleaned up but am seriously considering trying to sell both the Roush and mystery mufflers and buy a set of the GT500 axle backs. It was actually nice being able to have a conversation with my wife without screaming while driving around the block, lol. I know I'm getting old but whatever...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, yeah I still have my factory mufflers just in case.
Lol, yeah...I always thought the only way I'd ever need them is if I returned the car to stock to sell it for some reason. Definitely not planning on that but I'm glad I kept them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts