Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at buying either of the cars. Both have about the same power. Except one is a sedan and a bit classier then the other is total bad ass and for a young guy. I'm 18 newer stang would probably seem right, but I just love that year M5. Plus I currently own a 97 mustang GT. I don't really want to leave the mustangs haha. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
227 Posts
They're so different it's hard to compare. If you're looking at a 10 year old luxury car you have to consider very expensive repairs that are surely on the way. I think if it was a newer M5 I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mustang...American made and American owned. Plus you won't have to pawn your first born child to pay for any repairs on the Mustang like you would the BMW. Trust me...I had a 2004 BMW M3:banghead:, they are VERY EXPENSIVE to work on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get the mustang GT. Coming from a guy who has had an 02 M3 and several other older BMW's, you don't want the problems those cars have. The e39 m5 was well known for eating up oil and tons of other electrical problems. Thats the main reason I switched to the mustang, because its a great package with awesome power at a great price.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,248 Posts
What everyone else said.
+1
Lol, you ask a mustang forum which is better. I think we're a little bias. :)

A one legged man would have a better chance of winning an ass kicking contest over a mustang forum supporting the purchase of an M5 vs. a mustang.

Seriously, if you're not already a member of a BMW forum, you should sign up and post a thread asking the same question and post the link here. I'd love to see what those guys would say about the mustang. :D

Oh and if I hadn't made myself clear... Buy a mustang!
:headbang:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Considering the 2011 M3 lost to the 2011 Mustang 5.0 on a track run, I wouldn't touch anything from BMW haha. You know the 2000-2003 M5 won't be able to touch the mustang of the 2011 M3 can't.

Just saying.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
My vote is mustang too, even without being biased towards mustangs or American cars. Like someone else said before, repairs will be needed soon and they will be expensive. Way less miles too

·
Registered
372 Posts
Considering the 2011 M3 lost to the 2011 Mustang 5.0 on a track run, I wouldn't touch anything from BMW haha. You know the 2000-2003 M5 won't be able to touch the mustang of the 2011 M3 can't.

Just saying.
You talking about the drag race? Yeah, that was pretty cool. I vote for the Mustang, unless you're really a Beemer fanatic.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
You talking about the drag race? Yeah, that was pretty cool. I vote for the Mustang, unless you're really a Beemer fanatic.
No....2011 5.0 beat the 2011 M3 on an autocross track...just read motor trends issue where they faced off. They call the M3 the winner because it was "elegant" around the track but the mustang beat the M3 through most of the corners and of course the straight ways. Motor trend just has a heavy bias against Ford. The mustang could have lapped the M3 by 30 seconds and it still would have been called the loser.

The M3 was never far behind, doesn't change the fact it was still behind.

Know what that tells me? A mustang with 2K in suspension that is still 20K cheaper than the M3 would demolish it on the track since the stock mustang suspension leaves a lot to be desired!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
No....2011 5.0 beat the 2011 M3 on an autocross track...just read motor trends issue where they faced off. They call the M3 the winner because it was "elegant" around the track but the mustang beat the M3 through most of the corners and of course the straight ways. Motor trend just has a heavy bias against Ford. The mustang could have lapped the M3 by 30 seconds and it still would have been called the loser.

The M3 was never far behind, doesn't change the fact it was still behind.

Know what that tells me? A mustang with 2K in suspension that is still 20K cheaper than the M3 would demolish it on the track since the stock mustang suspension leaves a lot to be desired!
The original face off the m3 won, I don't think there was another. The m3 won by .09 seconds. The mustang did win on the drag strip though

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The original face off the m3 won, I don't think there was another. The m3 won by .09 seconds. The mustang did win on the drag strip though
Not the article I read...the M3 lost in total lap time

Well at least when they had a professional drive them. When the guys at motor trend ran them they had the M3 win and that was why they gave it the overall win because they were scared driving the mustang because it felt "wild

Their professional driver preferred the mustang because of it being wild and fun to drive and the M3 felt boring and monotonous.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts