Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I just had to replace mine. My horn was rusted off. It located on the driver side fender in front of the tire.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
frank07stanggt said:
Horn broke. Watch for finger.
^ lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

my horn doesnt work either so i would like to know as well. my cruise control doesnt work either

·
Registered
319 Posts
^ lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

my horn doesnt work either so i would like to know as well. my cruise control doesnt work either
If your cruise and washer fluid don't work it's probably a fuse. I had the same thing and it was a fuse. Except my horn still doesn't work. It will make a very low buzz for about 10 seconds then quit. :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a switch and wire in the column, I'll post the part # a little later. It happened to me as well. It's behind the airbag in the wheel itself. -oldkid

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a switch and wire in the column, I'll post the part # a little later. It happened to me as well. It's behind the airbag in the wheel itself. -oldkid
No luck finding the parts package I threw out..The part is the clock spring. You will need to remove the steering wheel its right their...My airbag indicator light on the dash..cruse control, and horn was effected by this. If you attempt this on your own, disconnect the ground on the battery, this will un-arm the airbag from deploying. This is very common problem...I guess I'm saying not out of the realm of possibilities to happen to everyone at some point..or not if your lucky. -oldkid

Removal

Make sure vehicle front wheels (1007) are in the straight-ahead position and steering column shaft alignment mark is at the 12 o'clock position.
Disconnect battery ground cable (14301) and positive battery cable. Wait one minute for air bag diagnostic monitor (14B056) to deplete air bag backup power supply.
Remove steering wheel (3600) as outlined.
Remove instrument panel lower trim panel, upper steering column shroud (3530) and lower steering column shroud .
Disconnect air bag sliding contact assembly harness connector down column side.
Apply two strips of adhesive tape across air bag sliding contact assembly stator and rotor to prevent rotation.
Remove air bag sliding contact retaining screws and air bag sliding contact (14A664) assembly.

Installation

Make sure vehicle front wheels are in the straight-ahead position and steering column shaft alignment mark is at the 12 o'clock position.
Align air bag sliding contact assembly to steering column gear input shaft coupling (3A525) and install.
Install three retaining screws and tighten to 2-3 Nm (18-26 lb-in).
Route air bag sliding contact assembly wiring down column assembly and connect harness connector. Remove adhesive tape strips.
If installing a new air bag sliding contact assembly, remove locking mechanism.
Install upper steering column shroud , lower steering column shroud and lower instrument panel trim panel.
Install steering wheel as outlined.
Connect positive battery cable and battery ground cable .

straight from fords workshop manual

1 - 10 of 10 Posts