Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what exactly I will need to install a 460 engine into my 2000 Mustang GT??? also, what kind of transmission would i need for automatic or manual??? Would I have to change the K member?? and is this legal? Im not racing it, just want to turn heads and make a few jaws drop... maybe get a few tickets. lol

If you could help me in anyway, you rock!:headbang:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Can anyone tell me what exactly I will need to install a 460 engine into my 2000 Mustang GT??? also, what kind of transmission would i need for automatic or manual??? Would I have to change the K member?? and is this legal? Im not racing it, just want to turn heads and make a few jaws drop... maybe get a few tickets. lol

If you could help me in anyway, you rock!:headbang:
It made my jaw drop lol but i realiy dont know anything i just wanted to say holy crap! Lmao

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea.. lol I've had this idea stuck in my head for a minute now... the 460's are nicely priced on powertrainproducts.com and I am power hungry.. my cars stock engine has over 180k in it now, so going for something with a little more power.. lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
Question is, will it fit? I dont think it will. The stock 4.6 is tight. Ive seen it done in fox bodys. Yes its legal unless maybe u live in cali. Cali sucks. But ittl definately turn heads

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The pushrod heads are a lot smaller compared to the ohc heads. It should fit but you're looking at a lot of fabrication and conversion. That's a **** tonne of work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts