Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this strip thing serve any purpose? I think it is kind of ugly. Does anyone know how it is attached and can it be removed without causing any damage?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
its held on with double sided tape I think so you should just be able to pull is off then clean the tape off.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
greenpony02 said:
Does this strip thing serve any purpose? I think it is kind of ugly. Does anyone know how it is attached and can it be removed without causing any damage?
When I repainted my lsat Mustang I pulled mine off. the car looked 100x better with it off. You just pill it off. Its double sided tape.

It acts as a guard from like people opening doors on your car and buggies hitting doors etc etc.

I think its ugly so I took it off and parked away from people :)

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok so to check one more time, if i pull it off everything will be OK. I wont need to have the door painted again.

·
Registered
800 Posts
What we had done on our 00' v6 we had:
1. was removed the door bumper gaurd use'ing fishing line to break the seal from the door and double sided tape
2. gently pull the bumper gaurd away as you use the fishing line
3. then take some happy bubbles of choice and wash the residue off
4. and wax over the area that had been covered all this time from that safety feature of fords invention

our main reason for doing was at car shows ( MCA ) they actually knock points off your car for having those on, being that they grade it as a rental car then.

- Jeff

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
yeah, im glad i didnt have one on mine.

i think maybe it was sort of a package from ford, good wheels and one of those? just a thought, cuz i hadnt seen any ford plastic wheels w/ that stripe thing on the door.

·
Registered
43 Posts
not all 2002's have them. Mine doesn't.(see pics) Don't know which models come with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got ripped. I spent $35k on a car and they couldnt even put them on my car! :wtf:

:lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
you can try removing them with a heat gun, that's how I pulled my stripes off. Then go over them with adhesive remover and then polish it up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts