Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,,new to the forum so please excuse if this is in the wrong spot. I have an 01' GT 4.6 SOHC that is having issues. It is one of my many toys and doesnt get driven that often. The last time it was driven was mid August. I went out yesterday to start it and it turns over but will not start. The battery was weak so that was replaced and still no start. Then changed all the plugs,checked the ground wires,added new fuel, still no start. I am at a loss. Does anyone know what it could be or what I am missing? I know the injectors are clean because they were replaced in the spring of this year and when I changed the plugs of course they had to be moved. Gotta love Ford and fuel rails. The car ran fan when it was parked so I am not sure what could have went bad by sitting for a little while. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Did you check for fuel pressure? There should be a shrader(sp) valve on the rail, just be cautious about fuel spraying out. Sounds like you checked for spark.. does the car crank strong with the new battery, but just doesn't fire? Maybe cam sensor? Others here should be able to expand on this.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Can u hear ur fuel pump come on? Might be that fps tend to die sittin for a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts