Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a water somehow in my car but no holes in my top. I dont know where the water is coming from, the floor on the rear passanger side is always saturated when it rains

·
Registered
390 Posts
mine has same problem, that's why i leave it in the garage, but if you cant, maybe get a cover, or find local place that installs them and see if they can pinpoint the area... i think alot of mustang convertibles have this problem to some extent..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saw an ad on TV for a seal that is flexible rubber in the form of a spray supposedly its suppose to be real good, do you think i should use it around the rubber interior doors and conv. top for now until i get another top

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

i think this is the link to the product, looks really good but im not sure
i hope it solves the issue

https://www.asseenontv.com/stop-leaks-fast/detail.php?p=346830&icid=homepage-slider-tab_stop-leaks-fast

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine leaks like that too, I found it was the rear seal by the trunk lid. Have someone hose the rear of the car down while you are in it and you can pinpoint the leak that way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Its the door seals or the top, Visually inspect the door seals check for cracking and so on, if they are fine than just order an new top and put it on yourself! The last 4 mustangs I have owned were all convertibles and I replaced the tops on 2 of them. Its not hard at all just a little time consumeing, go to american muscle.com and order a new one it will be like $230. then invite a buddy over to the house and put it on. It will take you and a friend about 4 hrs or so and a 24 pack of beer to get it finished. just remember not to put the top down for a good 2 weeks after you put it on because it is going to need to stretch! good luck, it will be a fun easy project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks , I know I had a tear in the top because of the plastic piece attached to the back of the chair that guides the window into place when the top goes down was loose and began tearing at it cause it got caught on the back window, I hope its as easy as you say it is though, and think I have a leak in the trunks seal which is next too

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

shaqfu said:
that rubber spray sounds like an inexpensive idea to try out.....
Its only like14:95 for two cans lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts