Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys over the next year I think I'm going to try and pull my engine get my block redone and get forged internals added, aftermarket heads cams and intake. The pointing the thread will be to share my plans and progress as I get into it. But I also want some help finding the parts as for forged pistons and crank and all that I'm clueless so all suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. I think I wanna go with the stage 2 comp cams from AM and maybe a typhoon intake, but that's all I've become certain of I want.

·
Registered
559 Posts
So guys over the next year I think I'm going to try and pull my engine get my block redone and get forged internals added, aftermarket heads cams and intake. The pointing the thread will be to share my plans and progress as I get into it. But I also want some help finding the parts as for forged pistons and crank and all that I'm clueless so all suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. I think I wanna go with the stage 2 comp cams from AM and maybe a typhoon intake, but that's all I've become certain of I want.
What's your power goal?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
*Subscribed*

I would think about going with a forged shortblock, it'll save you some time and hassle for just a bit more money. Also check out the Trick Flow intake manifolds, they are pretty good manifolds (based off the Bullitt design)

·
Registered
559 Posts
*Subscribed*

I would think about going with a forged shortblock, it'll save you some time and hassle for just a bit more money. Also check out the Trick Flow intake manifolds, they are pretty good manifolds (based off the Bullitt design)
+1 pretty much anything trick flow is good. They make good heads too. MMR has some good forged rotating assembly kits depending on your power goal and budget.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's your power goal?
Well in the long run I'd like 450ish to the wheels

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

*Subscribed*

The intake ill check out but I think budget wise I could get my block redone with new internals cheaper since I don't want a 700-1000hp car I think my block would b ok

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

+1 pretty much anything trick flow is good. They make good heads too. MMR has some good forged rotating assembly kits depending on your power goal and budget.
As for budget ill be buying things one part at a time slowly doing the build as soon as I get my taxes I'm going to try to get a cherry picker and engine stand then maybe start on the engine pull not long after

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

subscribed !
Lol u guys will be bored for awhile will def be a slow build

·
Registered
4,229 Posts

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

The intake ill check out but I think budget wise I could get my block redone with new internals cheaper since I don't want a 700-1000hp car I think my block would b ok

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

As for budget ill be buying things one part at a time slowly doing the build as soon as I get my taxes I'm going to try to get a cherry picker and engine stand then maybe start on the engine pull not long after

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Lol u guys will be bored for awhile will def be a slow build
lol i dont care as long i stay updated on whats going on lol

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts

Are you planning on staying all motor? I thoroughly enjoy building everything myself so I know where you are coming from, I figured I would just toss it out. Make sure to get a quality engine stand, not a cheap stand that basically looks like a T. Lots of guys have watched their hard work go up in flames when the wheels have caught a crack and the stand flipped over.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you planning on staying all motor? I thoroughly enjoy building everything myself so I know where you are coming from, I figured I would just toss it out. Make sure to get a quality engine stand, not a cheap stand that basically looks like a T. Lots of guys have watched their hard work go up in flames when the wheels have caught a crack and the stand flipped over.
Damn ill def look for a good one then, and after I get the engine back together with new heads and everything I might get a smaller vortech on low lbs just so I can be supercharged lol

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Damn ill def look for a good one then, and after I get the engine back together with new heads and everything I might get a smaller vortech on low lbs just so I can be supercharged lol
That sounds great!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sounds great!
Yea so I think with like a blower on 6lbs I could get my 450rwhp mark easy if not a little more

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't see in pic, but it's $1500 I believe.
Damn I was kinda hoping to buy all the stuff separate to make it easier to buy

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure you can, that's just a pic I had on hand and from what I've read mmr is pretty reputable. Although kits are generally cheaper overall.
Yea thanks

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What would some good sites be to get bottom end parts? And what all do I need for a forged bottom end aside from pistons,rings, and a crank?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts