Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2002 GT Mustang and am looking for ways to increase its performance. Where is a good place to start with having a low budget?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Go on ebay.com

By a CAI (cold air intake), a throttle body spacer, and an exaust. Those will really wake your car up for a low price.

The CAI is about $50 on ebay and compared to most places, you will not find it cheaper, great quality for the price too.

And the throttle body spacer shouldn't be much either.

The exaust is what will cost you, your looking at around $500 for it

Hope this helped
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Intake c&l's intakes are good, then go for a throttle body plenium from bbk 78mm and has both the tb and plemium so you dont have to mix and match, then headers and exhaust when you have the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
Not trying to hijack, but I am just about to purchase a Trick Flow TB and Plenum kit and have to ask... Does a throttle body spacer really provide any gains?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
AgentOrange said:
Not trying to hijack, but I am just about to purchase a Trick Flow TB and Plenum kit and have to ask... Does a throttle body spacer really provide any gains?
Nope well not for me it didn't just put your money in to something proven like pulleys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,606 Posts
Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

Best bang for the buck. Not 5-8k kits either. Great reviews also.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Your order summary
DescriptionsAmount

1996 - 2004 Mustang GT 2v Single Tu…1996 - 2004 Mustang GT 2v Single Turbo System$1,725.00
Item price: $1,725.00
Quantity: 1

Item total $1,725.00
Shipping and handling loading...$90.00

Total $1,815.00 USD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

Best bang for the buck. Not 5-8k kits either. Great reviews also.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Your order summary
DescriptionsAmount

1996 - 2004 Mustang GT 2v Single Tu…1996 - 2004 Mustang GT 2v Single Turbo System$1,725.00
Item price: $1,725.00
Quantity: 1

Item total $1,725.00
Shipping and handling loading...$90.00

Total $1,815.00 USD
That's actually isn't bad at all. I know what I'm gonna try and buy my self for Christmas. Thanks for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
AgentOrange said:
Funny you bring it up because I hear mixed feelings about on3. Do you own one of their kits?
This is a really good kit with lots of room for upgrades. You can upgrade the turbo, bov, and wastegate later down the road so that you can have a kit similar or even better than a higher priced kit. Most of the people that talked bad about this kit have not even used it or even have seen it they are just mad because that paid twice as much for a similar product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
Stockish302 said:
This is a really good kit with lots of room for upgrades. You can upgrade the turbo, bov, and wastegate later down the road so that you can have a kit similar or even better than a higher priced kit. Most of the people that talked bad about this kit have not even used it or even have seen it they are just mad because that paid twice as much for a similar product.
....Do you own one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Actually I've owned 2 one on a foxbody and one on a 2v. They are very good didn't have any problems with them. I replaced the turbo with a bb 76mm from garret then replaced the bov and wastegate for tial. The kits are great for the price. I did the same for the 2v.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
So after all those upgrades what was the final ballpark cost? On3's ghetto website it's my only other concern. Looks like the kind of stuff you order and never get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
AgentOrange said:
So after all those upgrades what was the final ballpark cost? On3's ghetto website it's my only other concern. Looks like the kind of stuff you order and never get.
Well I ended up spending 1900 on the kit had a kmember already, fuel system got everything for 1k. Maf and tune were free (hook ups) turbo was 2k bov and wastegate were 450. I did all the work, got a 03 cobra block with mmr internals, p&p heads, mmr turbo cams, edbrock manifold, elbow, 80mm tb, and nitrous to spool and cool. I made 847rwhp on a dynojet. Just a little setup I made to put down some local gtrs(r35) for a fraction of the price. Sold the car a week after, guy still running the car no problems with the kit at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
The kit looks pretty tempting. Id like to run the low boost application. It just seems low quality to me. Looks like you could piece it together from auto zone universal parts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
330 Posts
You can get ur exaust cheaper whit some other wed pages i got my magnaflows for 430 plust 10.00 shipping at streetsideauto.com you have to contac them and ask for a better price thats what i did it was 489 , the off-road x pipe got it for 150 brothersperformance.com i made my own cai from pepboys spectre 4"tubing ,oval trouttle adapter,big MAF adapter, big o filter, and two more silicon adapters at homedepo, like 100bucks, better than 200 for a bullitt cai kit, also got new coils accel for 200 at a local autoparts store there almost like stocks, and bbk MAF calibrated19lb for 230 brothersperformance.com they also didnt charge me the handeling free shipping, my programer diablosport predator for 300 at streetsideauto.com whit usb and ac powersupply but they dont sell them no more. I did got pretty good gains i did 12,90's on the track whit slicks
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top