Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I have a very frustrating issue that I really need help with, please. I originally had cat deletes with a tune to turn off rear o2's. My emissions testing came up and I put my cats back on and went back to stock. I drove almost 300 miles on that stock tune and I could not get the o2's to complete. They stay in incomplete status, but I am confused why there is no MIL. I ran Torque while driving 80 mph on cruise to monitor the banks of the downstream. I really am not sure what is going on. I got new tunes from Bama and asked for a tune with cats programmed in. I tried that and drove 200 miles so far and I have the same results. I attached 2 pics. One of the graphing at 80mph and one of the emissions.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/8251/mBiwUs.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6426/bFYyYr.png

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Try normal, in town driving, and a few 55 - y0 mph drives for about 50 miles.

I'm unsure as to why your o2 reading is incomplete. My suggestion may work, or it may be a waste of fuel. It can't hurt to try though.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I haven't plugged my tuner in, or looked at the screen in quite some time. Is there an option to turn the o2 sensors in and off in the settings before uploading the tune?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daily commute is like 65 average mph for like 30 miles there and 30 miles back. I do a lot of town driving too. Is there a particular way I should drive??

The SCT x4 does not have that option as far as I can tell.

Is either one of those catalytic converters bad? or Maybe the o2 is bad. I forgot to mention one of them I needed to heat up the o2 to remove

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
You probably haven't met all the necessary aspects in the Ford drive cycle. Also you should be doing this on the stock tune.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You probably haven't met all the necessary aspects in the Ford drive cycle. Also you should be doing this on the stock tune.
This is my only guess.

The reading is not saying you have a bad part (yet). It is reading incomplete. With the driving you have been doing that makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced the bank that was jumping all over the place again. I drove on stock tune for 125 miles and I did not get anything to complete. I think I am just going to have to take it to ford I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts