Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would definitely do the camshaft position synchro
That's what I'm thinking. Question about them, though. I'm not a fan of buyin cheap crap (especially for Ford cars) so where would you recommend ordering from? The local oreilly and autozone don't have them in stock (the BWD ones) so I figured I should go ahead and order the motorcraft one from RockAuto. I'm concerned that it might not come with the cap though so I was wondering if someone could provide a part number that includes whatever is necessary for installation.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. Question about them, though. I'm not a fan of buyin cheap crap (especially for Ford cars) so where would you recommend ordering from? The local oreilly and autozone don't have them in stock (the BWD ones) so I figured I should go ahead and order the motorcraft one from RockAuto. I'm concerned that it might not come with the cap though so I was wondering if someone could provide a part number that includes whatever is necessary for installation.
I ordered mine from rock auto and it came with the tool, if not I still have mine. You could have it lol I don't need it. But I'm 99.9% sure it'll come with it.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Thanks dude. I'll put my order in now and hopefully I'll have it before Thursday.
No problem bro. You will need to replace the egr gaskets (2) BC you will have to take it off for installation. You may be able to reuse them but I highly recommend replacing them. They are like $2 at your local auto parts store

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so I got the old one off and have the motor at TDC and can't get the new one to slide in as easily as the old one came out. It's getting stuck with the gear right at the top of the hole. Don't really want to beat it in with a hammer so are there any other suggestions for getting it in there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my 02 mustang has p0316 and p0303 and was getting bad to where it wouldn't go past 3k rpms but I changed the coil block and is better but still has a misfire at idle i dont know if it can be an injector,vacuum leak , or cam and crank sensors. Before it all started it did get a bank 1 too lean forgot the code but it hasn't came up again. I really appreciate the help I can get thanks.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts