Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know where I can find a 03-04 cobra front bumper for a reasonable price, and If so can u guys post a link?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
keep an eye on ebay, probably the best bed. The fogs are not cheap and the bezels are not either. Also the plugs for fogs are different than V6/GT. Finally the grill delete is needed (the back panel doesnt look right you need a mach1/cobra specific version) and a floating pony is needed as well. The hood also wont fit right (will rub as the parts where the headlights are that the front bumper goes up higher and rubs the hood.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpectorV said:
keep an eye on ebay, probably the best bed. The fogs are not cheap and the bezels are not either. Also the plugs for fogs are different than V6/GT. Finally the grill delete is needed (the back panel doesnt look right you need a mach1/cobra specific version) and a floating pony is needed as well. The hood also wont fit right (will rub as the parts where the headlights are that the front bumper goes up higher and rubs the hood.
How can I fix the hood rubbing or do I need to buy a new hood?

·
Registered
327 Posts
ProudSixxer26 said:
How can I fix the hood rubbing or do I need to buy a new hood?
I actually just replaced my cobra bumper with a new one. You have to drill about a 1/2 inch further back in the header pannel so the top of the bumper is further back and doesn't rub. I'll go take some pics now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
ToHellAndBack said:
I actually just replaced my cobra bumper with a new one. You have to drill about a 1/2 inch further back in the header pannel so the top of the bumper is further back and doesn't rub. I'll go take some pics now.
Here you go. The 2nd pic shows where my hood was rubbin my first cobra bumper. The last one shows the hole I drilled. The further back one gives me just enough clearance for the hood so you don't have to replace it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
ProudSixxer26 said:
Do any of you guys know where I can find a 03-04 cobra front bumper for a reasonable price, and If so can u guys post a link?
Where do u live theirs one near me for 180

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ToHellAndBack said:
Here you go. The 2nd pic shows where my hood was rubbin my first cobra bumper. The last one shows the hole I drilled. The further back one gives me just enough clearance for the hood so you don't have to replace it
Looks great man and thanks for info. I'm still trying to find one, but I came across a saleen front and I might go for that.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

2300turboford said:
Where do u live theirs one near me for 180
MAssachusetts

·
Registered
327 Posts
ProudSixxer26 said:
Looks great man and thanks for info. I'm still trying to find one, but I came across a saleen front and I might go for that.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

MAssachusetts
No prob. Glad to help. And btw saleen fronts are so sexy

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
ProudSixxer26 said:

MAssachusetts
Oh it's in ky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts