Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2006 GTO bone stock and says he can beat a bone stock 03/04 Cobra in the 1/4 mile anyday. Input please!!!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
stock 03/04 cobras dyno around 360rwhp and run high 12's stock (traction limited) so compare vs a stock GTO.... now start modding and see what happens with bolt ons

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Im sure the cobra will take him.....will be close race though i had a run in with a gto and i lost to him by a car....stupid 2v motors lol. But the cobra should have the jump on him at the start on a roll however many factors. Best mod for a cobra is driver mod :D

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Again they are called terminators for a reason

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I might be wrong but doesn't the GTO have about 360hp at the crank?.. If that is the case then there's no comparison between the two, as the GTO is bigger and heavier, and the Terminator is pushing about 360hp at the wheels!.. That's assuming both are equal drivers.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Eturner said:
I might be wrong but doesn't the GTO have about 360hp at the crank?.. If that is the case then there's no comparison between the two, as the GTO is bigger and heavier, and the Terminator is pushing about 360hp at the wheels!.. That's assuming both are equal drivers.
4xx I believe

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Azure said:
No street racing videos guys... Forum rules. :good:
+1

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
I'm disappointed in GM, because that's really not a GTO. Both the G8's and GTO's are basically made by Holden. I'm sure most of you guys already knew that. Plus, the GTO's are butt ugly.

True comparison would be the same driver in both cars. Driver mod is a huge variable. For instance, the Mach's were capable of low 13's, but I have yet to get below 13.79. More practice right? Lol If it were my Cobra, I would see if I could borrow some drag radials for the next trip to the track to race the goat. That's not really a mod, right? ;)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yeah my friend has a 6.0 and well I'm NOT gonna say I raced him due to rules but yeah I'm not impressed with them. I mean they are pretty quick for 400 something horse stock but they could've done away with the weight. And looks are too appealing either.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ive gone against a couple on the track in moroso....while i cant hold a candle to a cobra i give the gto a good run yet 2v vs 6.0 ls doesnt work too well lol. But i would love to see a stock termi and stock gto on the track go at it. Would be worth watching. And azure let me know if what i put is against the rules for future reference im saying strip not street but i may need to refresh myself if i did something wrong

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
I'm disappointed in GM, because that's really not a GTO. Both the G8's and GTO's are basically made by Holden. I'm sure most of you guys already knew that. Plus, the GTO's are butt ugly.

True comparison would be the same driver in both cars. Driver mod is a huge variable. For instance, the Mach's were capable of low 13's, but I have yet to get below 13.79. More practice right? Lol If it were my Cobra, I would see if I could borrow some drag radials for the next trip to the track to race the goat. That's not really a mod, right? ;)
This looks great to me......

http://www.skinz.org/cars/pontiac-gto/pontiac-gto-wallpapers-4.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts