Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If either of these GTs had the same bolt ons such as full exhaust and full intake and 3:73 and a tuner wich 1 would produce more hp and wich 1 would win in the 1/4 mile would the 03-04 win cause its lighter or will the 07-08 win cause its a 3v per cylinder just a question

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If either of these GTs had the same bolt ons such as full exhaust and full intake and 3:73 and a tuner wich 1 would produce more hp and wich 1 would win in the 1/4 mile would the 03-04 win cause its lighter or will the 07-08 win cause its a 3v per cylinder just a question
The 07-08 would produce more HP, but in a race, it would come down to the drivers IMO

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If both drivers were equal, then I would say it would be a close race. But the the '07-'08 GT would actually overpower the '03-'04 GT. The 3v cars are just simply a bit better in every aspect over the 2v cars. Now if every aspect of both cars were identical minus the size and weight, then the smaller and lighter '03-'04 GT would clearly win.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If both drivers were equal, then I would say it would be a close race. But the the '07-'08 GT would actually overpower the '03-'04 GT. The 3v cars are just simply a bit better in every aspect over the 2v cars. Now if every aspect of both cars were identical minus the size and weight, then the smaller and lighter '03-'04 GT would clearly win.
Agreed, but I feel with the weight difference, It really would come down to the driver with identical bolt ons

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Automatic..07-08 everytime tho

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not that big of a weight difference to do anything substantial. If you got a sub take it out. Remove the the spare tire and jack, and do a rear seat delete and that will net you around 100lbs.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Agreed, but I feel with the weight difference, It really would come down to the driver with identical bolt ons

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Automatic..07-08 everytime tho
There's actually a big power difference between the two to start with. Stock an '04 GT has about 265hp and the '08 has about 310. And both respond about the same to each mod done to it. So that still puts the '08 ahead of the '04. Notice I'm eliminating the "Driver Mod" from any of this and just comparing the cars.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
There's actually a big power difference between the two to start with. Stock an '04 GT has about 265hp and the '08 has about 310. And both respond about the same to each mod done to it. So that still puts the '08 ahead of the '04. Notice I'm eliminating the "Driver Mod" from any of this and just comparing the cars.
Ahhh I gotcha brotha! +1

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Per Edmunds (TMV = their True Market Value number),

2007 GT Premium TMV: $12,600
2003 GT Premium TMV: $ 6,000

difference: $6,600

Spend $6k on modding the 2003 GT engine and the 2003 wins hands down no matter who is driving--plus there's $600 left over and you will have a much nicer looking car :)

·
Registered
559 Posts

Spend $6k on modding the 2003 GT engine and the 2003 wins hands down no matter who is driving--plus there's $600 left over and you will have a much nicer looking car :)
+1

·
Registered
559 Posts

That's what I think when I see these kids whose parents buy them a $32000 charger and they brag about their hp and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A fellow told me a long time ago (you'll see how long ago when you read it) that:

"Paying someone else to soup up your car, and then going around town bragging about it, is like paying someone else to do your girl and then going around bragging about how good she is."

·
Registered
559 Posts
A fellow told me a long time ago (you'll see how long ago when you read it) that:

"Paying someone else to soup up your car, and then going around town bragging about it, is like paying someone else to do your girl and then going around bragging about how good she is."
Hahaha

·
Registered
559 Posts
Close race but I'd bet on the s197.
I agree, to put it on an even basis, take one driver who owns both cars. He is equally familiar with both of them and they have the same corresponding bolt-ons (TB, gears, exhaust, etc) I believe the s197 would come out on top. It's a matter of innovation through out the years, the same goes for the 2010. (2011+ being a different subject because of the 5.0) but like cliffy said, if it's a question of money spent for performance, the new edge would be hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

I LOVE THIS!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts