106 Posts
Sil\/erSpeed said:
:wtf:

odd indeed. SMART PEOPLE GET IN HERRE>
Yeah..what he said..

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I thought most intercoolers were water-to-air? I know the intercooler on the '05 concept is. I think it just means that the intercooler uses air to cool the water? Like a radiator, thats just a guess though, so don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
a water to air intercooler means that the water is used to cool the air. air passes thru the intercooler, not water. they also have air to air which are most TT style front mounted intercoolers.

i believe the cobra's is water-to-air. it uses some of the coolant to pass by the intercooler cause its not a direct pre-radiator intercooler. not 100% though

·
Registered
151 Posts
a water to air intercooler means that the water is used to cool the air. air passes thru the intercooler, not water. they also have air to air which are most TT style front mounted intercoolers.

i believe the cobra's is water-to-air. it uses some of the coolant to pass by the intercooler cause its not a direct pre-radiator intercooler. not 100% though
yeah thats what i thought.. .

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Monkey said:

Damn, I had it backwards.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yes i believe the cobras are water to air but i haven't gotten to tinker with one in person.

air-air IC's are more common and lower maintenance.
water-air IC's are more costly but can work better depending on the application.

for the roots blower i'll be running, i'll have a large water-air IC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts