Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a local guy is selling his 03 cobra sc that includes stock cobra supercharger plenum, the stock cobra TB, and a Reichard racing pulley. he's selling it all for 350. is it worth it? and if so wat other parts would i need to throw this in my car

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
according to this thread made in 2007 on moddedmustangs i ran into i cant

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/16071-03-04-cobra-eaton-supercharger-your-2v.html
That's an old thread, tork tech makes an adapter kit to bolt the eaton on a two valve , but for the cost of the kit you could get a nice vortech setup and be much happier, remember there is a reason cobra guys ditch em and do upgraded blowers http://www.torktech.com/terminator-gt-intercooled-kit.html

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's an old thread, tork tech makes an adapter kit to bolt the eaton on a two valve , but for the cost of the kit you could get a nice vortech setup and be much happier, remember there is a reason cobra guys ditch em and do upgraded blowers http://www.torktech.com/terminator-gt-intercooled-kit.html
wow thats awesome!! i have an old civic im trying to sell. so if i buy the cobra sc i could then buy this kit . do u guys think i should jump on the sc then ?

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

and how much are the vortech sc kits?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Remember though, the cobras guys get rid of them. Say I bought one for about 500-700 plus the tork tech kit another 2000, you have a whole set up for a couple grand less then vortechs kit. Both kit would need tuning on top, but you get the point. I would go eaton swap way before I went to vortech, because for me, money doesn't grow on trees.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Get on YouTube there is a ton of videos of the tork tech kit. What im getting from this kit is yes guys with cobras get rid of them for there reasons but the kit is made to make them better. Just like we all think of upgrading our cars they change out the supercharger. One video said the kit is built to make that supercharger better at not overheating. The kit is a bit expensive and you still have to do a lot to make it work. For $2000 the kit should come with fuel management stuff. On AM you can get a vortech complete kit for less than $4k.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i would much rather buy the eaton over the vortech. i dont think the vortech will add me any more power ? the eaton and the kit sounds like a good way to go to me. idk if i should jump on the eaton that the guy is selling for 350?

·
Registered
490 Posts
i think i would much rather buy the eaton over the vortech. i dont think the vortech will add me any more power ? the eaton and the kit sounds like a good way to go to me. idk if i should jump on the eaton that the guy is selling for 350?
Vortechs add a ton of power..

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
If you can get the entire setup done cheap (2-3k) it might be worth it, any more and its really not worth the investment. You should be able to do it though, but you really want to intercool it (heat exchanger etc) you do NOT want to run the eaton m112 without a cooling setup its a major heat sink even when cooled by water.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Remember though, the cobras guys get rid of them. Say I bought one for about 500-700 plus the tork tech kit another 2000, you have a whole set up for a couple grand less then vortechs kit. Both kit would need tuning on top, but you get the point. I would go eaton swap way before I went to vortech, because for me, money doesn't grow on trees.
Exactly! I'm in the process of doing an eaton swap on my 01 stage 2 gt and for everything it cost me $3700

1 - 15 of 15 Posts