Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just became a member of the mustang community with my 2003 covertible and had a couple questions.

- is it normal for a lot of wind noise at high speeds in a vert?
- anyone have a good and simple fix for the loose driver's door piece that won't stay put? (where the window controls are)
- when I drive I hear a sound (a wub wub wub type thing) from the rear that I believe is coming from the tires (it speeds up and slows down as I do) is this normal?
- and I took him through an automated car wash the other day and when it was power washing water came in at the seams, is there a place where I can get the seams replaced to make a water tight seal? Or is a new top needed?

Any help at all is appreciated, so glad I finally have my mustang!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Sounds like your rear tires have worn unevenly. As for the door trim, thats an easy piece, and cheap to pick up at a junk yard. And for your wind noise, on an almost 10 year old vert it just comes with the territory. Hell my coupe is the same year and I get wind noise from worn weather stripping around the windows.. A new top and weather stripping may help, just depends on how much it bugs you.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Welcome...as for the water issue im on my third coupe and i have always had that same seal issue...i just use a rag to wipe up the small amount that comes in when i do wash it...be careful with automated washes..they are murder on your paint.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whatsup dude? Welcome to the site and I have an 04 vert with pretty much every problem that you just mentioned haha I just haven't figured out a fix yet but I'll let u know if I come up with anything

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the help. I think tears in the seam of my top may be letting air get underneath it and cause it to flap, contributing a little to wind noise. And I found nothing in my tires so I believe the sound may be normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts