Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a 03 gt motor the guy I got it from said it spun a bearing ... What should I do rebuild or buy a used motor with 77000 miles for 500$

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you are already happy with the power of a stock motor then just replace is with another one. Less down time over rebuilding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my cars a 96 and I like the 03 motor but I want to get it running again and build it a lot how much hp could I get out of the 03 motor

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Dalton96gt said:
Well my cars a 96 and I like the 03 motor but I want to get it running again and build it a lot how much hp could I get out of the 03 motor
I think it may be around 260 270?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I would get a forged short block to handle a procharger, not a must but its in your best interest. You could get one in the 1500 range. You could get a forged rotating assembly for cheaper but labor at the machine shop would raise the price

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dalton96gt said:
Well I'm on a budget build lol I'm looking at bout max of 700
If your in no hurry you could take time and find an 03/04 cobra shortblock and put your heads on it and that would handle plenty of boost

·
Registered
430 Posts
A stock 4.6 will hold around 450 for a while, you could get a stock one and run it on 7 or 8 psi until you could afford forged internals

1 - 15 of 15 Posts