Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i cut my cats out and keep the stock h pipe? I got a buddy who has flowmasters and just cut his cats off and kept his stock h pipe and it sounds nice, How much would a shop charge to cut them out? Im sure if hes serious or bull****tin cause it really sounds good

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've tried to take it to shops before and they said they won't do it because it's illegal to remove the cats off a car without putting them back, and other legal nonsense. And you're better off getting an aftermarket h pipe anyways.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had that done to mine for 150.00 total. And keep your cats cause you.may want them later. He was gonna charge me less for letting him keep them. I.should.have gone off on him for chargin me for keeping.what's mine now that i look back. But Yeh it works

·
Banned
330 Posts
just buy a aftermarket xpipe is bolt on sow you can doit your self and save your cats/ stock pipe. it is expensive if you loose it and need it later on, the xpipes are really cheap around 189 at americanmusel free shipping and in brothersperformance.com there 130 10 shipping

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an off road magnaflow x pipe for sale if you want it fits 99-04 mustang gts and cobras let me know if your Interested 250$ plus shipping depending where u are I could pay for it or split it and if you have anything for trade let me know I have other parts and some stock stuff let me know.

·
Banned
330 Posts
a pair of pi heads stock from another 01 bullitt, a pair of valve covers that I buy but realise don't fit mine because mine has the oil fill cat on the left I painted them in a aluminum heat resistant paint, also have bbk massflow just core whit stock sensor calibrated to cold air intake 19lb , I pay 80 to get it calibrated,

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

want 150 for the bbk massflow, 50 for the covers, 200 for the heads they only have 20,000 miles on them the car was stolen and strip all bullitt parts exept the heads and block,

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

I am lookin to get another xpipe after I do my smogcheck next week

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well they heads on my car are Windsor so those Romeo ones won't even fit mine. Too bad you do t have the whole metal bbk mass air like they have on thier site. I'm looking for 250-260$ obo for the pipe or a trade for suspension stuff or a cat back exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts