Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cranks but doesn't fire problem is intermittently happening. If car does fire it runs and drives fine and u turn it off it won't fire back up. Also noticed when its not firing it cranks very fast. No cel. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Cranks but doesn't fire problem is intermittently happening. If car does fire it runs and drives fine and u turn it off it won't fire back up. Also noticed when its not firing it cranks very fast. No cel. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Mine was doing something similar and the neg batt terminal was cracked...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Could be a crank sensor or even a cam sensor if it turns on. Intermittent starts usually deal with cam or crank sensor

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had lights coming on and my car didn't start once after I stopped to get gas. I changed the battery and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Honestly, check the terminals, cheapest part to replace and I've had it happen to two of my cars..

·
Registered
64 Posts
From my experience if it's cranking fast and not trying to start at all it's usually a fuel pump I drive a tow truck I see it all the time I carry a dead blow mallet just for that next time it does it get under the car and hit the gas tank with a rubber mallet or what ever u can find that won't hurt the tank and I bet it starts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Ever get this figured out?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
ok lets run thru this now, cranks but doesnt start. have you checked for spark, fuel, and compression yet? is there spark coming from the car, to check pull out a coil and put it near a ground and listen to see if u hear and see spark. for fuel, depressurize system from the port on the rail, prime the pump by turning the key to the on position not turning the car on and press the port fittin with a pen or screwdriver and see if fuel shoots out, as for compression im sure you have that but you can use a compression tester to test it. idk what you have or havent done yet so im jotting down what i would run thru first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts