Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone's nowhere to get a rebuilt custom throttle body? I have the intake plenum and cold air but would like to replace the stock throttle body for something more aggressive.

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
Are you looking for a specific size? American Muscle hast good selection of sizes and brands

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,871 Posts
Anyone's nowhere to get a rebuilt custom throttle body? I have the intake plenum and cold air but would like to replace the stock throttle body for something more aggressive.
Unfortunately I'm not sure where to get a rebuilt throttle body. However, you should check Craigslist etc..

If you're looking to buy new, I can definitely help you out! We have a great selection of Throttle Body's for your GT. Check out our selection and let me know what you have your eye on!

1999-2004 Ford Mustang Throttle Bodies at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

-Dan

·
Registered
990 Posts
You won't have much luck with bored throttle bodies. I hear some trucks have a bigger TB, but I doubt it's plug and play or everyone would be doing it. Your best best is aftermarket, I recommend BBK.

·
Registered
521 Posts
70 is all I need for my application. Im n/a. Hoping to get 10 extra horses from it. Also i am getting my 4.10 gears installed at the same time so there will be one heck of a difference when I drive it home from the shop!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
E150 have stock 70 mm tb and its plug and play and so do others

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Crown vics have the nice elbow that fit nicely and flow good

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Mostly 02 and up ill post it up soon as i find it thru my email. Someone had asked me earlier and i sent them the message with a list of cars with the tb and the part number for the tb

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Crown vic plenum opening is 72mm stock btw

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My goal is to add a configural supercharger so I went with the 78mm throttle body/ plenum combo...people say you loose go with it but I would have to see numbers to believe them. My car feels like a whole new car after adding that and a CAI....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My goal is to add a configural supercharger so I went with the 78mm throttle body/ plenum combo...people say you loose go with it but I would have to see numbers to believe them. My car feels like a whole new car after adding that and a CAI....
I have 75mm tb and plenum loss is little to none really throttle response is greater and works great for fi later down the road. As to tbs f150 with either the 5.4 or 4.6 have 70mm stock. Plug that with a crown vic plenum and enjoy the feel since u get a different more responsive throttle and some gains. Plus its cheap as well at a junkyard. Soon as i get to a computer ill post the part number to look for on crown vics and e150 as well as f150s for the tb

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Crown vics have the nice elbow that fit nicely and flow good
I thought u had to modify the f150 TB to work? That's awesome if u don't. Ill be hitting up the junkyard in a couple weeks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts