Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've finally decided on which bumper I want on my car...I want the 04 cobra bumper. The problem is I can't find anywhere that carries it... anyone have any ideas? I need to go ahead and find one and get it ordered so I can put it on over spring break or something. I'm kinda scared to get a nice bumper though cause I seem to have problems with mine. Kinda hit a tree last February and had a run in with a girl last night. Came out of freaking nowhere, luckily dude riding with me yelled and I cut it. Her tire left nice gashes down my bumper....it sucks. Not that big of a deal to most ppl but it really bothers me. Plus now the new paint I put on it last February when I fixed it is chipping from last night. I swear...I have the worst luck. But anyways, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
800 Posts
here you go: http://www.abcexclusive.com/99.htm

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked there, that site doesn't have the 2004 cobra bumper...unless I'm blind lol. Thanks anyways though man.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sorry man, I saw the 99 Bumpers and got excited...you may wanna keep a eye at like Stang Parts ( www.stangparts.com ) or Gean Evans Ford out of Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ok i will.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Not sure if the 03 Cobra and 04 are the same or not, but if you put an 03 Cobra on then you have to buy an 03 Cobra hood. The stock hood won't fit with an 03 Cobra bumper installed, I read that somewhere recently. With a 99-01 Cobra bumper you can use any hood you like, but not with an 03 bumper.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Dom he has a 99-01 Cobra bumper....

Never heard about the Hood thing before, but might be true in deed...

99-01: http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/donna/Down%20by%20the%20Sea/output/pages/DSC00111.htm
( Our old 2000 V6 :( )

03-04: http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/donna/Down%20by%20the%20Sea/output/pages/DSC00003.htm

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
KrazyPony, I didn't notice the white V6 having a cobra bumper when I saw it at the drag strip that time! There were so many cars to look at I guess I just missed that bit. Can you use a GT grill with a Cobra bumper or will it not fit?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I dont believe it will fit, thats might be why most Cobras you do see dont have grills, they only have emblem in there...or a delete kit in there, because we wanted to use our grill we had 1 time and it would not work.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well, that is one reason for me to stay with my GT bumper cover then, my custom billet grill cost me over 100 bucks, and I am kinda attached to it. :shock:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I want the 03-04, they look better IMO...and since it's my car that's what's going on. Just trying to find somewhere that would have them...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as the hood not fitting right there's a guy here in town who had his stock 02 hood on the 99-01 bumper...seemed to fit right, I have a picture of it somewhere around here, If i can get my scanner working I'lll scan it in

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Check with your local Ford dealer Body shop, if they have to replace one, they gotta get it from somewhere ;) :D

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll check with the SVT dealer down the road and see what they quote me...this could be scary...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You may want to try www.gefracing.com, not sure if they have them or not, they do stock the 99-01.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just called the local SVT dealer, dude wasn't very nice to me. I finally got him to tell me how much he'd charge me for one and he said like 455 so I dunno. He kept saying it isn't going to fit and I was all like " I don't care, just give me a price". I know for a fact it will fit, have looked at the 04 cobra's and they're just the same. Even if it takes some slight modification I could do it. I'm going to run by some time so the dude can't just talk me off over the phone.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Might be just like I tried to tell you. I know I read that they won't fit without the hood to go with it.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
haha go getem. :D i really like the look at the 99+ cobra fronts. I wish i could mod my fenders to take new headlighs and the front. that would be sweet! :headbang:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts