Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys n' gals. I just want to know what are some of your thoughts on Cowl hoods for the 99-04 body styles. My friend said if i had an F-body to go for it. But...i dont. So, just wanted to know what some of you think.

·
I liek gramer
7,941 Posts
Cowl hoods are cool, especially if you need it. :yup:

it would be fine, as long as you don't go too high. Have anything specific in mind?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
LOl. well, i just did a search on the forums and saw alot of things that i like. Especially that cowl hood from cervinis.com. So, yeah, i shoulda searched before i started the thread. But anyways, i went into this car place today. I thought they only had things for imports, but i guess they have parts for Domestics as well.

He said he can get me a 2 in. or a 3 in. cowl hood for $400, including shipping and handling. Is that a pretty good deal. He also said it would be about 2 days to get it in. I just dont want to be ripped off.

Why does it say i only have 2 posts? I know i have atleats 30 or something..,nvmd me..just curious

·
I liek gramer
7,941 Posts
I am thinking that you also had a name Exit_In_Red, which had 62 posts. It's against the site rules to have more than one username, so please pick one. ;)

Do you mean this hood?

I think a cowl hood would be great, but, like I said, too high and it looks a little goofy.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
I am thinking that you also had a name Exit_In_Red, which had 62 posts. It's against the site rules to have more than one username, so please pick one. ;)

Do you mean this hood?

I think a cowl hood would be great, but, like I said, too high and it looks a little goofy.
Thats the one i want

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
the 03 cobra cervinis makes is just round enough in design that it may work really good with the pre 99s.

The best hood out there IMO is the 98 style cobra hood... but those are everwhere also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, i think i'll use this account. i wasnt aware i had two. :D Ok, like i said, i could get the hood for $400. Can anyone tell me how much would it cost to get hood pins installed? Or, can i do that myself. I think i can get a paintjob for about $150. Would you guys/gals reccomend me getting the hood proffesianally installed, or can me and my goofey freinds do it our selfs. I dont want that mug popping up on me on the Freeway...

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If it's not Cervini's, get the hood pins. Get some that the chrome is good on. (IE Ford Racing.) Give the pins to the shop when they paint it and they'll align the hood and drill for the holes, and install it all.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
yea damn those 96-98 cobras...even my truck has their hood lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
The place im going to buy it from has the 2inch and 4inch. If i had to pick, i'd go with the 2in. What would you people go with? Ive seen 4 inches....i like em. But only if i absolutely needed it for the space..like if i had a v8 or something.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts