Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to upgrade from a 99 v6 to a newer model GT.. I was wondering which would be best? I know the 05's are better performance but I'm real big on sound and style. Which do you guys think would be best? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think the S197's are way better looking, better sounding and way better in the performance category. I kind of hate SN95's though.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'd have to do the 04. Kinda partial to that body style though. S197 just never felt right

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
new edge or nothing ! the 2v 4.6 sounds amazing. even though the 3v has more horsies, i still think the 2v is more beasty. the s197's body style looks like a shapeless box . some look pretty nice but i love the new edge body

·
Banned
510 Posts
Horseplay said:
new edge or nothing ! the 2v 4.6 sounds amazing. even though the 3v has more horsies, i still think the 2v is more beasty. the s197's body style looks like a shapeless box . some look pretty nice but i love the new edge body
Hmmm shapeless box. Sounds like you see the back of them a lot.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like the curves of the 04 better. I'm part of the 1% who would never get a 05-09 over the 99-04... Only thing I'd change is the front bumper. Love the look of the cobra tho. Best looking mustang IMO

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Roflmao at 2v 4.6, have fun in 14s and then high 13s with all bolt ons, then have fun running low 13s with FI haha

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you plan on doing a lot of appearance mods I say new edge, also I think the 2v is the best sounding fuel injected mustang. I like the factory looks of the '05 better. It can still sound awesome too.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ajmt719 said:
I'm getting ready to upgrade from a 99 v6 to a newer model GT.. I was wondering which would be best? I know the 05's are better performance but I'm real big on sound and style. Which do you guys think would be best? Thanks in advance
Traded my 99 v6 for 99 cobra and it's amazing my gf has 04 gt and it doesn't compare to how fast the cobra is recommend get a cobra

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Or Mach 1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2300turboford said:
Higher miles terminator
I've looked at those too, but one with higher miles is hard to find

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Thanks for the opinions! I love the new edges but I'm ready to switch it up so I guess it'll be an 05

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
07 or better, I think the 05 had issues with some stuff, like gauges, some one chime in here

1 - 20 of 104 Posts