Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys? my chicks got an 04 V6(stock for now) and she's lookin for more power, so, I suggested an M90 from a thunderchicken. Was wondering if any of you guys knew more about this project. What would it take, would do I need (beyond the blower itself and a intercooler). How much do these projects generally run? And, if this is all shes doin, about how much power would she see?

Anywho, I look forward to hearing from you guys.

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
It requires basically the entire supercoupe motor, and the end result is not very much power gains. I would look into using an M112 supercharger (take off) from an 03/04 cobra. The kit (adaptor plate) can be purchased online or could have been (there is a guy that sells the kits)

http://www.mysteedperformance.com/

The major issues used to be the stock hood may not clear it (they may have fixed this) and there is no cooling for it, so you have to run it without a way to cool that hot compressed air or run methanol injection with it.

Other options would be nitrous (not good for daily uses.... and cant run it on the street) or build the motor (can get 200-225rwhp on a build 3.8 and more on a stroked 4.2L but thats costly.

Otherwise for the cash it would require you could sell and pick up a 99+ GT and pocket the rest....

·
Registered
835 Posts
an M90 on a 99-04 motor would require using the older heads from the 94-98, which don't flow as well(I think they might be more durable though).
The M112 (I think you can even use m122 internals for even more power)
the M112 would probably be a lot cheaper for you since they make an adapter plate to fit the M112 on the it.

I don't think they have intercoolers for the m112, atleast for are engines they don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts