Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Will 04 wheels fit a 66 Mustang? What years will fit a 66?
All of the 5 bolt wheels have the same diameter pattern, I believe. The problem is the backspacing. Classic Mustang backspacing is around 4 1/4" to 4 1/2" depending on year and size. You can't shim too much or it becomes a hazard. If you go to Mustangs Unlimited - Mustang Parts Superstore - FREE shipping! they have a chart that you can download or print with wheel sizes that fit classic mustangs and recommended tire sizes for them. It's really helpful, I've been looking for some new ones for a 67.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aggiesrok said:
All of the 5 bolt wheels have the same diameter pattern, I believe. The problem is the backspacing. Classic Mustang backspacing is around 4 1/4" to 4 1/2" depending on year and size. You can't shim too much or it becomes a hazard. If you go to Mustangs Unlimited - Mustang Parts Superstore - FREE shipping! they have a chart that you can download or print with wheel sizes that fit classic mustangs and recommended tire sizes for them. It's really helpful, I've been looking for some new ones for a 67.
Thanks I thought the pattern was the same and am worried about spacing. Thanks for the site link, I am sure it will help me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts