Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a stock 04 mustang v6 outrun a stock 05 mustang v6? (I'm aware that the 05 has a higher hp, but the aerodynamics are worse, and it appears to be heavier) just wondering

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I WANNA KNOW TOO

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did it it get stuck? Were you being naughty? Lol

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Lets get back to the topic shall we? Dose anyone know?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I know and the 4.0 in the 05 will walk the 3.9 In the 04 all day every day. Manual or automatic.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 3.8 (built in 03 for the new model year) i was wondering because the 05 has 17 more horsepower, but its body isn't the best for weight/aerodynamics and the 04 was a little better in said category, but as I said before the 05 had more hp...

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Only one way to find out

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha come on silver, hey that would be awesome, two silver/black v6 stangs haha, (I'm still working on blacking out the tails and heads) haha lets meet up!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
nope it'll lose...hp isn't really even the deciding factor here. although anything is possible on a track..prep and driver can mean a lot

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Auto to auto it would make a difference, the older sixer just uses 2 gears and part of 3rd, the newer ones would have gotten into 4th by the end of the run, a manual 3.8 against either 4.0 would be a better race but the 4.0 would still win, it's a little heavier but it makes up for it

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I've never had my six on the track, I don't have a permit (yet) I'm about to (yay)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Oh I've never had my six on the track, I don't have a permit (yet) I'm about to (yay)
well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it

·
Banned
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1slosix said:
well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it
Sir you don't know me ;) I can drive like a motherf*cker I was also taught to drive by my grandfather (ex army transport driver/racecar driver (I don't remember what class), and my dad (ex pro-extreme driver) I also live in the country so I drive all the time lol so I'm good to go and I was in the j/d class when I was little so I still remember the tree

1 - 20 of 66 Posts