Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting out here and i need a little help, Im wanting to go wider with my wheels. I just dont know how wide i can go without rubbing.

·
Registered
434 Posts
10"

·
Registered
434 Posts
IIRC 11's will require some mods, unless you want the tire sticking out. The bump stop plate will need to be removed.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if you want to rotate front/back then you may wish to stick with either 8 or 9 wide (maybe 9.5). If you dont care then you can go wider in the back, but I probably wouldnt go much more than 10" because tires really start to get costly if you push past 295-305mm in width.

Why buy a 10 if you dont run the correct size tire anyway (which is 295 at least)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
MELLOWYELLOW06 said:
Vertini Magic
Great lookin car (and wheels).

Well done sir.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thank you.
It has been 6 years in the making, many looks, hoods rims,..............

But has been the most fun car to own, and I have damn near had them all. I got a new toy Im tinkering with now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
MELLOWYELLOW06 said:
Thank you.
It has been 6 years in the making, many looks, hoods rims,..............

But has been the most fun car to own, and I have damn near had them all. I got a new toy Im tinkering with now.
Gotta say, even though the Shelby conversion is a little "wanna-be-ish", I love the color and look of it! Nice work my friend.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks.

Ive been called alot of things, but "wanna-be-ish" was the 1st!

Its not that I couldnt afford a SuperSnake, I wasnt going to pay 80k on top of my 6 month old 2006 GT to get a GT500. And the closest they had to yellow was the GrabberOrange. I had fun making this one and I still have my other toys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't mind not rotating or if they stick out a little in the back but if someone has a nice set up and a pic with details, like offset measurement, that would be great.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Where are you located and how much do you plan on spending?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I have a perfect set for your black car. 10.5 inches wide and can take a 305 30 20 or a 295 35 with no problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Money? Not sure yet. I'm located in central Indiana. Just need to figure out what I like an then save up the money.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Do u have a pic of the rims

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those would look nice on my black GT. Where r u located and how much do u want. Lemme know and I'll try to pull some cash together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts