Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best way to hookup iPod/iPhone to the 05 mustang? I know the later years came with a AUX port, but my 05 doesn't have one. What's my best options ? Thanks !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've had this for almost 2 years connected to my factory Shaker 500. Works great and has never skipped a beat. I even went the extra mile and ran an RCA to 3.5mm cable and installed a nice port inside my console. Looks very factory and sounds great. Looks like the link comes with an iPod/iPhone adapter anyways to charge but I would honestly omit that and just install a port like I did because if you're into upgrading Apple products they are now using the lightning adapter on new products instead of the 30 pin like what is included with this PIE adapter.

Amazon.com: PIE FRD04-AUX Select Models Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Factory Stereo Radio Auxiliary Aux Input Converter + Free Direct Wire to RCA Charging Cable 2004 - 2010: MP3 Players & Accessories

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've had this for almost 2 years connected to my factory Shaker 500. Works great and has never skipped a beat. I even went the extra mile and ran an RCA to 3.5mm cable and installed a nice port inside my console. Looks very factory and sounds great. Looks like the link comes with an iPod/iPhone adapter anyways to charge but I would honestly omit that and just install a port like I did because if you're into upgrading Apple products they are now using the lightning adapter on new products instead of the 30 pin like what is included with this PIE adapter.

Amazon.com: PIE FRD04-AUX Select Models Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Factory Stereo Radio Auxiliary Aux Input Converter + Free Direct Wire to RCA Charging Cable 2004 - 2010: MP3 Players & Accessories
Im buying one of these this week! Haha i found it like 3 days ago. Have you tried using the cable that comes with it at all?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's an after market hook up that can run through your glove box. I'll see if I can find it.
Dude if you can find this you'll be my hero lol! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Nice thanks ! How does this work exactly ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's the one I used before getting a pioneer double din.
You press the aux button to switch to iPod. Sounds great since it hooks directly to back of shaker, just plugs in.
Before that I tried an fm transmitter and kept getting static.
I still have mine somewhere, it worked great for about 5 years. Then it started to say no aux and I would have to turn off car and open a door to shut off radio. Then it would work next time I started car. It would do this once about every 15 starts.
Could have just been my radio I never looked into it. Next mustang I bought had aftermarket double din and I love it.
But the pie adapter was well worth the money and it charged my iPhone too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It always bugged me that they didn't put an aux jack in the 05-06 and then put a radio in that has an aux button.
I was disappointed when I got my 05 home and couldn't find the jack...

·
Registered
257 Posts

Is this easy to install yourself or should I get some else to do it? I have no experience in this kind of electrical stuff btw

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is this easy to install yourself or should I get some else to do it? I have no experience in this kind of electrical stuff btw
You do have to pull the radio out to plug in the connectors in the back. And I believe you have to splice in a positive and negative wire to the power outlet. Sorry I can't remember it was about 5 years ago.
I just had a look at it and I was wrong, the version I had was aux only and didn't charge the iPhone. I was thinking of my other car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The one from amazon that he posted is the one I was going to get my for mustang before I had sold it, never heard anything bad about

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
You do have to pull the radio out to plug in the connectors in the back. And I believe you have to splice in a positive and negative wire to the power outlet. Sorry I can't remember it was about 5 years ago.
I just had a look at it and I was wrong, the version I had was aux only and didn't charge the iPhone. I was thinking of my other car.
It's a pain but can be done I did mine. I took (nervous guys) way the first time and had to redo it. I should've written it up.

You do have to splice the wire, it's super easy. I suggest getting some heat shrink wire connectors. I'll just write it up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just hooked up the iSimple gateway this past weekend in the Shaker 500 AUX. it was extremely simple. Works like a charm and even displays the info of the iPhone. Had to change the dip switches but found the right setting. Definitely recommend that to anyone that has the AUX port.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

I run my ipod cable under the console around the shifter etc and I removed the arm rest lighter that is inside and ran the cables through the little hole. Great way to tuck it and have easy access to it.

OP, an alternative maybe the Pioneer APPRADIO 1 SPH-DA02 because its $150 in crutchfield right now. I got one last week. Downgraded from my Pioneer Avic x940bt. For $150.00 it has no cd/dvd drive and runs directly off of the apps in your iPhone/iPod. Just an idea.

Pioneer SPH-DA02 AppRadio Smartphone receiver at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
162 Posts
It always bugged me that they didn't put an aux jack in the 05-06 and then put a radio in that has an aux button.
I was disappointed when I got my 05 home and couldn't find the jack...
I have an 08 GT and mine doesn't have an aux input. I was shocked when I was trying to hook up my MP3 player.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have an 08 GT and mine doesn't have an aux input. I was shocked when I was trying to hook up my MP3 player.
Did you check the center console

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.