Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The front makes me think of a mustang II, and the top picture makes the rear end look 100 feet longer than it actually is.

·
Banned
321 Posts
That kicks ass!!

Rearend pic from Saleen.com

Under the hood of every S281 is a high-performance 4.6-liter V8 engine. In the 3-Valve model this engine produces 325 horsepower. In, the supercharged S281 SC the horsepower leaps to 400. And for the S281 E, which will be introduced next spring, the engine produces a mind-boggling 500 horsepower. Now you know why the E in the name stands for Extreme.
Pricing for the 2005 Saleen S281 starts at around $38,000 for the 3-Valve and just under $45,000 for the supercharged model.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i like everything on that car but the rear bumper, it almost looks like its too bubbly and rounded and doesnt go wtih the square look of the rest of the car, i think it would look 10x better with all the other stuff and a stock rear

·
Premium Member
908 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
It looks sweet in a way but then its not because its still like the new style just with ricer mods on it!! Cant wait to see all the 2005 v6's with saleen bodykits!!! HERE WE GO!! How much do you think it will cost anyway?? $40,000 maybe????//

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
ugly, boring. nowhere in the 05 do i see agressive looking styling like the 99's do.

but for the saleen, id take those side lamps next to the headlights and put in fog lights like the gt500's have, then do something different with the front fascia, looks almost factory. other than the tail and the rims, looks like a normal 05 to me, not like a saleen should.

The front makes me think of a mustang II, and the top picture makes the rear end look 100 feet longer than it actually is.
no way, id take a 74-78 II over that 67 wannabe mustang any day. i think this is the mustang that only really big mustang enthusiasts like, cause everyone else i know thinks it looks like ****. i think the 99-04's are the best in terms of out of the box performance and styling, followed by the fox mustangs, then the 95-98's, then the 67 fastbacks, and then 74-78 II's(which i owned at one time).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry guys, don't hate me, but it didn't live up to the expectations. Just IMO. The rear looks like ish. The c-pillar windows should of had the fastback covers. The interior is nice, but the seats head rests are way to big. I don't like the spoiler because it is too far back and is on top of a lip. The wheels are nothing. Looking at it from the front end, it looks better, but not much. The photochops I've seen look way better. I would take a 2004 Black speedster S-281 over this any day. The Roush is 10x worse though. But, but, overal it is a nice lookin 'Stang. THE NUMBER ONE thing I noticed on the Saleen that kicked ass was that the FOG LIGHTS WERE GONE! Please SVT, make the Cobra look better, kinda like the ones in my sig! I think we will see improvements in the '05+ 'Stang as we did with the '99s+

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
ugly, boring. nowhere in the 05 do i see agressive looking styling like the 99's do.

but for the saleen, id take those side lamps next to the headlights and put in fog lights like the gt500's have, then do something different with the front fascia, looks almost factory. other than the tail and the rims, looks like a normal 05 to me, not like a saleen should.

no way, id take a 74-78 II over that 67 wannabe mustang any day. i think this is the mustang that only really big mustang enthusiasts like, cause everyone else i know thinks it looks like ****. i think the 99-04's are the best in terms of out of the box performance and styling, followed by the fox mustangs, then the 95-98's, then the 67 fastbacks, and then 74-78 II's(which i owned at one time).
why does everyone think that the 67 fastback is god? its exactly the same as a 67 coupe, but with a different roof? hell, its the exact same as a 68 fastback with the exception of different quarter ornaments but you never hear "some day i am gonna have a 68 fastback".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts