Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am new to the mustang world as of last night! I've always loved the 05-09 body style and finally got one. This one just so happened to have a vortec supercharger. (I'm excited).

Anyways. It also has a fuel mixture setting in the trunk to where you mix it lean on one side or rich on the other. My question is this. What do I need to do reg regularly to maintain the charger. Anyone know about the fuel ratio?any other tips are welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also. I am clueless when it comes to superchargers. Know a lot about mustangs but nothing about this stuff. Have a box full of receipts as well.

There is a diablo control module looking thing on top the motor it's got wired running through it on either side. It lights up for a second when I turn the car on. What the heck does that thing do?

·
Registered
294 Posts
hello and congrats on the slick ride... do you have a V2 or V3 ?
I don't know about the lean/rich dial in the truck maybe post a pic and leave it alone,for now...
the diablo sport under your hood is probably a mafia required when your mass air flow voltage would max out so it has 5 settings to recalibrate the voltage you computer receives..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a v2. Anything special I need to Know or do with them? It also has a k&n filter on it. On a deisel those are bad for the turbos. Is a k&n bad for the vortec?

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is the fuel mixer in the trunk.

View attachment 76334
That is the KB BAP control box. It increases voltage to the fuel pump so that you will have more fuel when going into boost to prevent a lean condition. The increments on the controller is set to the % voltage increase required to supply sufficient fuel for the boost level of your particular S/C. It is otherwise a passive system and only activates when commanded. Most tuners recommend setting the dial to 50 and leave it alone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok awesome! Thanks ! That helps a lot. It was on the setting it is now when I got it. It also has I believe an sct tuner. I haven't messed with it either cause I don't want to mess anything up lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
the 05 is a 3 valve. I was asking what supercharger he has a vortec V-2 (is lubricated by engine oil) or a vortec V-3 (self contained oil)

as far as a k&n, that is what I was running on mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sirtat said:
the 05 is a 3 valve. I was asking what supercharger he has a vortec V-2 (is lubricated by engine oil) or a vortec V-3 (self contained oil)

as far as a k&n, that is what I was running on mine.
It's a vortec v2.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Crshelton21 said:
Ok awesome! Thanks ! That helps a lot. It was on the setting it is now when I got it. It also has I believe an sct tuner. I haven't messed with it either cause I don't want to mess anything up lol
I would recommend not adjusting where it was when you received it, our fuel pumps are a demand system with no return line so the computer will send say 5volts at idle and maxes out at 12v if needed to supply adequate fuel pressure, the boosta pump will take that 12v and boost it up to 17v if needed to maintain pressure

I have a competition boosta pump that will take voltage up to 21v but I have no dial on mine to adjust,was all done by my tuner in the fuel tables

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sirtat said:
I would recommend not adjusting where it was when you received it, our fuel pumps are a demand system with no return line so the computer will send say 5volts at idle and maxes out at 12v if needed to supply adequate fuel pressure, the boosta pump will take that 12v and boost it up to 17v if needed to maintain pressure

I have a competition boosta pump that will take voltage up to 21v but I have no dial on mine to adjust,was all done by my tuner in the fuel tables
So leave it where it is?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would until You call KB on Monday, they answer right away.. And will give you the definite answer.. I would also find out who tuned the car, I was able to find out sooo much info on my car from the tuner, mind you all the set-up is soo in the past.

but the tuner would probably have adjusted the boosta pump to the min setting req to maintain pressure and those fuel tables could be all wrong of you adjust the dial from where he did all his tuning, if nothing else call KB and get ahold of the tuner.. IMO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How long should it be before I have the clutch replaced? Shifting into 1st in this thing is not a quick process. It SUCKS!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a center force duel friction, poor thing is way beyond its rated HP/trq.. it is tried and true til 500hp IMO.. I down shift EVERYTIME I come to a light lol with. o problems... if it is in the budget replace it as soon as convenient, you will love it.. and by the way BUY A WOT BOX... I luv mine, 2 stage in second gear and dump the clutch :) coolest thing ever

·
Banned
510 Posts
Sirtat said:
I have a center force duel friction, poor thing is way beyond its rated HP/trq.. it is tried and true til 500hp IMO.. I down shift EVERYTIME I come to a light lol with. o problems... if it is in the budget replace it as soon as convenient, you will love it.. and by the way BUY A WOT BOX... I luv mine, 2 stage in second gear and dump the clutch :) coolest thing ever
Does yours grab high?

·
Banned
510 Posts
Sirtat said:
mid way

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

how old is your clutch ? stock ?
Yea I guess mines just past midway. Doesn't grab hard till the top though. It's a centerforce dual friction. About a month or so old.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts