Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the 1/4 mile times on these?

I drove my first manual trans v6 '05 today (all the previous ones were auto)

that thing really had some kick to it, in first and second at least.. more than I expected after driving the autos..
really pushed you into your seat, just wondering what their 1/4 times are..

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
half second quicker than the auto counterparts, expect 15.5s with an average track and average conditions (including driver)

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe it dies out top end.. felt a lot quicker than mid 15s to me.. I know what they feel like :lol:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the v6 does die out up top, not nearly as bad as the older ones, the 99+ shine up top compared to the pre 99's... however compared to the other cars that are out there their 3rd gear and top end in general is moderate at best.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they are decent vs the competition but a 15.5 car feels slow :( anything slower than 14.0s just feels like a slug to me.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
i have heard that the auto v6 is running low 15's like 15.1-15.2
pete (the guy that sells the powerdynes) has been saying this, and he works for ford so i think he is reliable

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SpectorV said:
they are decent vs the competition but a 15.5 car feels slow :( anything slower than 14.0s just feels like a slug to me.
I've hit mid 13's with my 89, and this 05 felt as fast through first and second (though didn't break the tires loose as much, just kicked you into your seat like that...)

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
232stang said:
i have heard that the auto v6 is running low 15's like 15.1-15.2
pete (the guy that sells the powerdynes) has been saying this, and he works for ford so i think he is reliable
Same here I heard they ran 15.2's so the mani should be atleast around a 14.8

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ive yet to see one run better than a 15.2 stock... dont dare go out and claim those times unless you have a slip... cuz 99% sure you wont touch that time with a stock car.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
SpectorV said:
ive yet to see one run better than a 15.2 stock... dont dare go out and claim those times unless you have a slip... cuz 99% sure you wont touch that time with a stock car.
ask pete on 3.hate he works for ford and is a reliable source

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I know pete cambell perhaps at his alt it was possible... just dont think everyone can do it.... ive only seen one do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have heard of 3 different automatics so far running 15.2s, but i dont believe everything i read either. Considering the 01+ rangers with the 4.0 can run low 16s in a 4x4 edge supercab, and have a lot taller tires (however the gearing offsets this), i dont see low 15s high 14s being a problem for a car that is 700+ lbs lighter and has a lot better suspension setup/weight distribution such as the 05. The 2wd ranger 4.0 sohcs are running around mid 15s.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
alot of it is the track and the driver, the secret to the v6 is the launch off the line... if you dont hook up forget about it....

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's not bad @ all. The gto's & chargers back in the days were the fastest cars for their time. They ran 14.4's and got horrible gas mileage. I like the new v6's. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts