Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And my check engine light turned on this morning . I took it to auto zone to get it checked and it gave the code p0455 something about evaporative emission leak.anybody had this problem before? The code reader he used also gave an estimate of how much it should cost to fix it and it said about $0 so its obviously something small but idk were to start checking for leaks ....

·
Registered
321 Posts
05MUSTANG4.0L said:
Ive never seen another one and I'm not sure if I'm missing something that's making it look like that
Did you take this picture after filling up gas? Because the area looks like is wet!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive had mine for four years and put 75000 miles already on it already, it had nt done since after the first week after I bought it

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you still can't see any leak, try to change the gas cap, reset the code and drive it for few miles and see if it's gonna come back again!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ve always filled mine up in the mornings when I'm down to about a gallon or two of gas left in the tank and it never gives me any problems.usually if a sensor turns on I disconnect the battery for a couple minutes and then it goes away like nothing was wrong

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh man u reminded me one time after midnight when my gas light came on and I drove one mile to the nearest gas station just to find out that it was closed then drove to the next gas station another mile away and it didn't let the fuel in bc it acted like it was full

·
Registered
607 Posts
kirpy said:
Haha ill just try to get atleast half a tank.
I have the same problem.I usually when that happens I keep playing with it. I think it's something to do with the filler neck

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Oh and I have 125000 miles on mine and it's an 2006

1 - 20 of 29 Posts