Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if a pic has been posted I know the info has but heres a pic of the bad boy. I think I just may start saving my pennies

Details:

- 465HP, 6-speed manual running in the low 12's with a trap speed of 120mph!

- You choose the rear suspension set up, either IRS or Solid Rear Axle with the IRS apparently pulling over 1.0g in the corners...

- The Price... in and around 30k.

Motor: 5.4 Supercharged, 3 valve heads (with HUGE valves), forged internals similar to the 4.6 (Crank, rods, etc), modestly rated (under rated actually) ~465 HP/495 lb ft Torque, using a twin screw S/C

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
:eek: awesome, I rode in a 2002 z06 corvette like a week ago (because my uncle just got one for really cheap) with 405hp and I was like omg thats fast, that cobra has 60 more horses and is costs around 20k less (when that vette was new).... :cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
KyleUSAF said:
:eek: awesome, I rode in a 2002 z06 corvette like a week ago (because my uncle just got one for really cheap) with 405hp and I was like omg thats fast, that cobra has 60 more horses and is costs around 20k less (when that vette was new).... :cool:
isn't a corvette a lot lighter than a cobra though? And you're also comparing a 2002 against a 2007, already the new zo6 has 500hp i think and i believe the new one is supposed to weigh 2900lbs, that's nothing! I hate to say it on this board but i don't think a cobra will ever be zo6 territory. (comparing same year same mods)

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
red herring said:
isn't a corvette a lot lighter than a cobra though? And you're also comparing a 2002 against a 2007, already the new zo6 has 500hp i think and i believe the new one is supposed to weigh 2900lbs, that's nothing! I hate to say it on this board but i don't think a cobra will ever be zo6 territory. (comparing same year same mods)
dude the corvette is like 20k more
ford would be able to slaughter the corvette with a 50k cobra

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
that thing is sick! i graduate college in 2009 and if i get a full ride for all 4 years my dad is gonna buy me a car ($25k or less) so i bet i could pick up a 07 w/ a bunch of
mods for around that price. even though i am $9k short of a full ride as of now.....

and to red herring: i bet if you had $50k to buy and mod a brand new cobra and $50k to buy and mod a brand new z06 the cobra would be faster in the 1320

·
Registered
261 Posts
fast64 said:
and to red herring: i bet if you had $50k to buy and mod a brand new cobra and $50k to buy and mod a brand new z06 the cobra would be faster in the 1320
if that's the case why didn't you get a busted ass civic and do an engine swap for less than the cars you have now with mods? It'd be faster. i don't know aboutu a 64 but 232 stang could have a faster car for the money, so why do you have a mustang? You think people who can afford corvettes care? And really i'd have the corvette over the cobra for looks, style, handling, and just cause i like corvettes better. Probably anyone in here could have had a faster car but we all have our cars instead, why do you think that is?

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
You can expect to see one in my garage...in about 20 years...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I posted this in another thread a while ago, but here is the new 2007 gr-1 (someone on here told me that's what it is, in all reality I didn't know when I saw it). This was at the la auto show next to the new saleen mustang :good:

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
they will never make it like they want to, the damn penny pinchers will cut everything they can get away with.

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's supposed to be available in auto too

I'll take one
Black-Auto-Solid rear axle-----------------Drag Racer
and one
Sonic blue-6 Spd-IRS---------------------Road Racer

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
auto is no good for cobra, but i guess the think they're gonna make more sales by having both trannys available for those who cant drive stick

1 - 20 of 53 Posts