Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
With 90k you will be doing a lot of small things to it but those things add up !

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I've got an 07 GT/CS and bought it new. I've got about 98K. I haven't had any big problems really at all. It all depends on how well it was maintained. I've got mostly highway miles and don't baby it. But that seems a little high. The only performance benefit is the 3.55 gears are stock and the rest is cosmetic, but it's worth getting the lower front end and additional back piece under the bumper. There's people on here with 30K and 40K that have had lots of problems I never had. Just really check it out and maybe talk them down a little. A low mileage car with poor maintenance and was beat the hell out of isn't much use either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Depends on mods

Hi Andy,

If that thing has any aftermarket upgrades and is in pristine condition, that is not a terrible price. I just bought an '07 GT/CS Convertible for about that with less than 75K miles so you should be able to haggle them down some. Unless it has cam, gears, quality CAI or something you should have some negotiating room. If it is bone stock but really tight, I would offer $12,500 and let them talk you up to $13,000.

If you do end up getting it, clean your throttle body first and get a quality oil change with full synth (about $75) and some SeaFoam. :good:

Let me tell you, real cash talks if that is an option. Mine was listed for $16,900 and I ended up giving them my $1,500 Miata (really abused) and $14K cash. At first they were hardasses and wouldn't budge on the price. After my first lowball offer, I told them I would make one more offer and then leave forever. Showing them 140 actual $100 bills clinched the deal. If I had to arrange financing, I am sure they would have stuck to their guns.:headbang:

Got a picture or two? Mine is Vista Blue with billet grilles and is easily the sweetest car I have ever had.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Way to much for those miles. I picked up a 05 a few yrs back with 45k for $14k so I think you should keep looking. Just don't jump the gun,you can find a better deal out there. Sounds like the owner is using the fact that it's a CS to his advantage which IMO doesn't mean squat.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Way to much for those miles. I picked up a 05 a few yrs back with 45k for $14k so I think you should keep looking. Just don't jump the gun,you can find a better deal out there. Sounds like the owner is using the fact that it's a CS to his advantage which IMO doesn't mean squat.
I payed 18k for my 05 GT premium with 28,xxx .... They seem to cost more in my area tho..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I payed 18k for my 05 GT premium with 28,xxx .... They seem to cost more in my area tho..
Excellent point.
The closest vehicle I found that was what I wanted before I got the one I have was almost 1,000 miles away.
That was a month of looking too and it was a couple of grand higher.
Different areas have different supplies and as we all know supply vs. demand = price.

As a wise man once told me: Anything for sale is worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Every day, people pay ridiculous amounts for things they PERCEIVE are worth more ... and to them, they are. :)
No one else can tell you what something is worth to you because they don't have your perspective.
And don't forget, everyone here who says "I wouldn't pay that" probably already HAS a Mustang.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I paid 10k for mine 2 years ago with 40k miles on it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I got my '06 GT premium last year with 62k for $16500. I got them to give me 7k for my high mileage Aviator on a trade in which was about what I could have sold it for. The price was a little higher than I wanted to pay but it already had every mod I wanted to do to it such as tints, short throw, rear gears, offroad x & axlebacks , a bunch of kenny brown suspension pieces, shaker 1000 system, and was already lowered so it justified the price. I would have dropped a few extra grand on those mods alone. Mustangs also retain their value pretty well around here. If it's the car you want, then I think that price is OK, but the mileage is a little high. I'd definitely give the car a good look over and smell the exhaust, that will usually give you a decent indication of what kind of shape the motor is in. If the car was well maintaìned then mileage can be irrelevant other than normal wear and tear items going out.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys but I think ill just leave that one alone.. it was at a dealer. It's a white with black rims and tinted windows can't find it on the listings. Maybe it got sold? But yea 90k was a lil to high

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks guys but I think ill just leave that one alone.. it was at a dealer. It's a white with black rims and tinted windows can't find it on the listings. Maybe it got sold? But yea 90k was a lil to high
It's ok. The right one is out there and you will find it or (like me) it will find you.
I honestly feel like I was meant to have the one I got. :cheers:

·
Registered
681 Posts
You'll find one eventually. Probably a good choice. It's never a good idea to do an impulse buy a car that you aren't 100% satisfied with it. There are plenty of other ones out there!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Dealers are always gonna mark up the price.
Patience. I searched almost a year before I bought my Steeda. I paid above GT prices. But how could I argue with the build? I woulda been down close to 35k with the mods done to it.
Poke around. Check out different sites.
I used autotrader, car gurus, cars.com, carsforsale.com. Craigslist, newspapers. Google.
Just remember, dealerships are gonna tack on a few thousand.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wow... I am paying 25K for my 2005 Premium GT Convertible, BUT it has a new 5.0 stroker motor, full exhaust, and twin turbos. There are better deals out there, but this one was hard to pass up. That said, just shy of 15 Grand for a clean Cali Special would be a good deal here in California. These 3-valve mod motors can go many, many miles IF they have been maintained. I work with 2-valve Crown Victoria Police Interceptors that go 120,000 miles, HARD miles, and the engines are still tight. The rest of the car is what has problems, but that is because the cops beat the crap out of them. I would not be afraid of your deal, especially if the dealer will work with you on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts