Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys today i raced my v6 against my 99gt and i beat it twise by a car lenght . My brorther was driving it and he only.beat me once.. Weird huh

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Put the same driver in both cars and the GT should win.
260/302 gt vs 210/240 v6(I think)... The 99-04 GT is supposed to be in the 14s and the 05-09 V6 in the 15s of the 1/4.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
This result is not typical. A sn95ne gt should be much faster than a s197 v6. And by a good margin too. Poor shifting or other circumstances are the only possibilities.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
From having a new edge GT before i can say i beat alot of 05-09 sixxers...so id say your bro isnt the driver you think he is...what were the times? Because im sure this was legal racing right?

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From having a new edge GT before i can say i beat alot of 05-09 sixxers...so id say your bro isnt the driver you think he is...what were the times? Because im sure this was legal racing right?
Hehe no illegal it was on a empty street.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Please keep in mind ME has rules on talking on any street racing. Call that a reminder...Btw has your car ever been on a track? A time might help us figure out why the outcome was you winning.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you stock and nice win either way
No im not stock i got dual exhaust tb spacer. And previous owner said he put 4.10 gears.. How do i know if it really has 4.10

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

How is that GT running? Maybe it needs a good tune up? Possible dog? Just a thought.
I havent really had time to drive it that much since i got it but it feels smooth

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
To test gears...lift up the back end...draw a mark on the driveshaft at the bottom. Now while watching the mark spin one of the back wheels slowly a full rotation. Count the marks rotations during this. So 3 1/4 turns =3:27 ...3 1/2 turns =3:55 just over 4 turns=4:10

Or test it with him rpms...or pop the cover off and count teeth

·
Registered
179 Posts
Id say the GT is prob a little tired. Tho my 05 v6 beat my old v8 firebird. Both autos. And if you go look the zero to 60 times arent really that much off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts