Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the track tomorrow to race my buddy in his 350z. Want to know if I have a fighting chance. Completely stock 03 Z MANUAL except with a cai. Vs. 98 GT AUTO cai 70mm throttle body and plenum pi intake manifold sct tuned 4.10 fr gears.

Any guesses on hp, best 1/4 and 0-60 times? Ill have real results tomorrow. Just wanting to know what I can expect ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
If both cars are manuals then its all up to the driver... A high performance car can be really fast but if the driver sucks then a V6 could beat it... All up to the driver

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

What app is that?
+1 I like it

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
This is an auto 2v with npi heads and cams. With original engine with 154,000 miles too. I think my time is respectable.
Ehh I guess but it's 2013 Camarys run low 14s
My Lincoln was stock btw with just a 3500 stall @ 120,000 miles from 1994, with drag radials and 410s I was getting 13.6s on the gtech but never got to get a timeslip with that setup

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
98GTCONV said:
Isn't that basically a cobra motor? You're telling me my moms camry would take me? Right...
Ive seen it before. It's a big part of why I made the jump from a 96gt to a modded mach 1. The gt ran a mid to high 14, the mach mid to low 13. (5800ft) street tires only.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I had mach or cobra kind of money id be all over it. But u gotta see im doing relatively cheap mods to a 98 GT. I would love to do the full pi swap but its a lot of money, and so is 5 speed swap...

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
If I had mach or cobra kind of money id be all over it. But u gotta see im doing relatively cheap mods to a 98 GT. I would love to do the full pi swap but its a lot of money, and so is 5 speed swap...
MPS in GA has full 5spd swaps(right down to int trim) for right around 2k.. They also have an eBay store. Just a heads up! Rebuilt and upgraded trans too...!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Isn't that basically a cobra motor? You're telling me my moms camry would take me? Right...
It's a Lincoln motor, The cobra motor uses basically a Lincoln motor

The 93 mark VIII had the 4.6 4v first b4 that it was in a mustang Mach 3 concept I believe

And yes your moms Camry might beat you if she has a V6 one and there nothing wrong with an automatic man, the 4r70w is a sweet trans, stick it fun but you'll never get the 60' times like an auto

1 - 20 of 31 Posts