Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I hope i'm posting in the right area, if not, sorry.

Anyway,

So I recently got permission from my awesome wife to buy all the crap I been wanting for my foxbody that has been sitting in the backyard with no motor in it for over a year now! :D

I'm getting very excited to get it all together. I just hope I can manage to keep myself from beating on it for a while till its all broken in and tuned.

So I was curious if anyone has a similar set up and/or 1/4 mile time guesses that I can be looking forward to. It's not a full built race car, but I've got a lot of major stuff to make it run some decent times from what people are telling me. Here's what I've got

80mm MAF w/ 24# injectors
75mm Trickflow Throttle Body
Ported GT40 cobra intake manifold (non tubular, non exploerer swap)
Ported trickflow twisted wedge 170 heads w/ upgraded trackheat valvesprings
MSD cap and rotor
FRPP 9mm spark plug wires
NGK spark plugs
Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers
Shorty Headers
Off road H pipe
Flowmaster 40s and dumps
stock cam (for now)
3.27 gears (for now)
AOD w/ shift kit and 2400 stall
Aluminum Driveshaft
Nitto extreme 245/50ZR16 DOT slicks

I think thats everything. My local dragstrip is at about 3000ft

Let me know if any more info will help. It ran 15.0 @ 93mph with stock motor 24# injectors, and stock stall on shift kitted AOD

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey everyone, I hope i'm posting in the right area, if not, sorry.

Anyway,

So I recently got permission from my awesome wife to buy all the crap I been wanting for my foxbody that has been sitting in the backyard with no motor in it for over a year now! :D

I'm getting very excited to get it all together. I just hope I can manage to keep myself from beating on it for a while till its all broken in and tuned.

So I was curious if anyone has a similar set up and/or 1/4 mile time guesses that I can be looking forward to. It's not a full built race car, but I've got a lot of major stuff to make it run some decent times from what people are telling me. Here's what I've got

80mm MAF w/ 24# injectors
75mm Trickflow Throttle Body
Ported GT40 cobra intake manifold (non tubular, non exploerer swap)
Ported trickflow twisted wedge 170 heads w/ upgraded trackheat valvesprings
MSD cap and rotor
FRPP 9mm spark plug wires
NGK spark plugs
Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers
Shorty Headers
Off road H pipe
Flowmaster 40s and dumps
stock cam (for now)
3.27 gears (for now)
AOD w/ shift kit and 2400 stall
Aluminum Driveshaft
Nitto extreme 245/50ZR16 DOT slicks

I think thats everything. My local dragstrip is at about 3000ft

Let me know if any more info will help. It ran 15.0 @ 93mph with stock motor 24# injectors, and stock stall on shift kitted AOD
With the heads, exhaust, and intake, I feel like you should run low 14s to high 13s. I would say invest in a tuner so you can balance everything out and gain 20-30hp in the process. If you know your weight and hp there is a calculator online that will do your 1/4 mile times...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
local gt40 fox with a B cam and gears ran a 11.11 1000'

equate that out it's about 13.4ish 1/4 mile

i'd say you're probably mid-high 13's with your current mods, be sure to post up when you hit up the track

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
look into swapping those shorty headers for some LTs....my coworker said he noticed his fox really opened up when he made that swap. check CL you can usually find fox LTs cheap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts