Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of the summer my 2012 gt ran a 1/4 mile in 12.78 seconds. I just did another run, but this time it ran a 1/4 mile in 13.42 seconds. Both times I drove the same way. The car was in sport mode. I even tried warming up my tires because it is cold outside. I don't really know why I had different times. The only thing I can think of is the difference in the weather. Can anybody let's know if I'm right or is there other possibilities?

·
Registered
231 Posts
At the end of the summer my 2012 gt ran a 1/4 mile in 12.78 seconds. I just did another run, but this time it ran a 1/4 mile in 13.42 seconds. Both times I drove the same way. The car was in sport mode. I even tried warming up my tires because it is cold outside. I don't really know why I had different times. The only thing I can think of is the difference in the weather. Can anybody let's know if I'm right or is there other possibilities?
Can you post both ET slips to compare, best way to provide an answer. ideally the colder weather will improve power, but too cold, especially track surface, and you wont get the power to the ground.

·
Registered
395 Posts
What was difference in 60ft times. As a general rule of thumb, every tenth better 60 ft equals 2 tenths better et.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds about right. There is a 4 tenth of a second difference. I guess that means poor traction off the line is to blame for the slower time

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
JJB82 said:
That sounds about right. There is a 4 tenth of a second difference. I guess that means poor traction off the line is to blame for the slower time
Yupp. Watch the trap speed too. You may be traveling faster but crossed the line with a higher et.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts