Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,171 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
Anyone got any info on stock 1/4 mile times for 2012 5.0 automatic?
Well, 2011 auto with a bama 93r tune and pilot super sports ran 12.538 in Baytown tx a few months ago. Really hot and humid.

I believe you were supposed to have more HP than me stock... So with a decent tune and DR/slicks... You should hit low 12s/high 11s.

Pure stock 2012 auto on stock tires probably mid/low 13's. without a tune, the auto lacked punch off the line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nhcowboy said:
Well, 2011 auto with a bama 93r tune and pilot super sports ran 12.538 in Baytown tx a few months ago. Really hot and humid.

I believe you were supposed to have more HP than me stock... So with a decent tune and DR/slicks... You should hit low 12s/high 11s.

Pure stock 2012 auto on stock tires probably mid/low 13's. without a tune, the auto lacked punch off the line.
Yea it does seem a little weak down low. I think its got 3:15s in it. Im really wanting to put 3:55 or 3:73 on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Yea it does seem a little weak down low. I think its got 3:15s in it. Im really wanting to put 3:55 or 3:73 on
Yea, 3.15's stock. Gears will help out a good bit, the list goes from there. The tune helped mine out a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CorDog009 said:
Yea, 3.15's stock. Gears will help out a good bit, the list goes from there. The tune helped mine out a lot.
Yea i got the outlaw axelback. I know that doesn't help any for performance but it does sound damn good next step is intake and tune. Im just worried about voiding my warranty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I ran last night at speedworld in Phoenix my 13 ran a best of 13.37 at 108 completely stock just a set of bridgstone re760 275/35/r18s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
OneSick07 said:
No it's a 6 sp there was an 2012 auto that ran 13.6 tho
I'm surprised to hear the 2012 5.0 automatic ran 13.6 in the 1/4. My understanding the 12 v6's with a tune are running 13.7 in the 1/4 mile with stock tires and 2.73 gears. I'm sure the 12 5.0's can high 12's low 13's with a great launch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2011 Kona Blue said:
I'm surprised to hear the 2012 5.0 automatic ran 13.6 in the 1/4. My understanding the 12 v6's with a tune are running 13.7 in the 1/4 mile with stock tires and 2.73 gears. I'm sure the 12 5.0's can high 12's low 13's with a great launch.
I would really like to find out but Tulsas last drags until spring time were last night and i missed it!
 

·
The Blue Dragon
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
2011 Kona Blue said:
I'm surprised to hear the 2012 5.0 automatic ran 13.6 in the 1/4. My understanding the 12 v6's with a tune are running 13.7 in the 1/4 mile with stock tires and 2.73 gears. I'm sure the 12 5.0's can high 12's low 13's with a great launch.
Sounds like bad driver, bad weather, or bad track to mw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Sounds like bad driver, bad weather, or bad track to mw
I was thinking that to (bad driver), but you figure with an auto its just floor it and the transmission does the rest. Juice it a go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,171 Posts
2011 Kona Blue said:
I was thinking that to (bad driver), but you figure with an auto its just floor it and the transmission does the rest. Juice it a go.
They just need to find the RPM to brake hold their torque converter that gives quick launch without spinning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
2012 gt / Cs auto bone stock ran a 13.4 @108 at our track. 5600ft nice day. Tiny tail wind. It ran the same mph all day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
DaBluedude said:
2012 gt / Cs auto bone stock ran a 13.4 @108 at our track. 5600ft nice day. Tiny tail wind. It ran the same mph all day.
Wow. I'm surprised. Perhaps those 13.4 runs are 5.0's with 3:14 stock gears. Still, I thought the 5.0's were running like 12.6 to 12.9 stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,171 Posts
2011 Kona Blue said:
Wow. I'm surprised. Perhaps those 13.4 runs are 5.0's with 3:14 stock gears. Still, I thought the 5.0's were running like 12.6 to 12.9 stock.
3:15 gears are standard and the factory tune severely hampers acceleration and throttle response. That is why a tune should be the first upgrade for any 11-13 gt auto owner. That alone gets them mid to low 12s (some even in 11s).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nhcowboy said:
3:15 gears are standard and the factory tune severely hampers acceleration and throttle response. That is why a tune should be the first upgrade for any 11-13 gt auto owner. That alone gets them mid to low 12s (some even in 11s).
Will a tune voodoo warranty?

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Void! f##### auto correct!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,171 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
Will a tune voodoo warranty?

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Void! f##### auto correct!!!
It will put a hex on your warranty!

This is could be a thread in itself.

Officially, yes. And they can for all intensive purposes tell if you loaded a tune, then flashed back to stock.

But it only should affect warranty on the things the tune will impact (engine/trans/ECU). A defective control arm would't be impacted for example.


Some dealerships are cool and would work with you (none I've ever dealt with though) if something breaks.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top