28x11.5 Hoosier Qtp
Lower control arms
Strange 2 ways
Drag launch springs
N2mb wot box/ 2 step
Skinnies
Spec stage 3 clutch
Weight reduction.

I have 3.73's at the moment and they are awesome but i have a set of 4.56's sitting in my closet at the house. I know it's super low for our transmission (Mt-82) but for the 1/8th with suspension and slicks how do you think they will work with the wot box and "driver mod" the car never see the highway ever. Only 45-55mph speed limit zones. Not looking for just hate comments, just opinions since it would be free minus the bearing kit and oil. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I dont see relocation brackets listed, its possible you just forget to list them, but assuming you dont have them they are a must.

Personally, i wouldnt get the 4.56, and i whipped up a spreadsheet to explain my thought process.

You'll see the 3.7 MT-82 ratios listed, as well as the effective final drives in the first section. To the left, you will see the RPM fall back point for each shift, and down and to the right (below the first section) you will see the max speed in each gear.

So i know everyone wants to chase a target ET, but what most people dont realize is you need to have your setup with a target trap speed in mind. IF your car is trapping 110 mph for instance, and 4th gear tops out at 105 with your given gear and tire setup, you're slowing yourself down by having to shift into 5th to finish the race. That's basically how i am looking at your setup. All my experience is in the 1/4, but a quick google search shows most 3.7s doing anywhere from 80-85 mph in the 8th (i'll admit, i didnt look that hard, but the concept still applies). You also want to be going through the traps right at the top of your rev range, because that is where all of your power is.

If you look at the sheet, you're going to have to be in 4th gear to trap 85+ in the 1/8, and into 5th to finish the 1/4. That is going to cost a lot of time. I know you already have the hoosiers, but what i would personally do is keep the 3.73s and drop down to a 27" tire. That would give you the following top speeds:

1. 37 mph
2. 61 mph
3. 93 mph
4. 125 mph

That setup would be much better for the 1/8. It would save you a shift, as well as have you going through the traps at the top(ish) of 3rd where the car will be pulling harder than the bottom of 4th.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A
I dont see relocation brackets listed, its possible you just forget to list them, but assuming you dont have them they are a must.

Personally, i wouldnt get the 4.56, and i whipped up a spreadsheet to explain my thought process.

You'll see the 3.7 MT-82 ratios listed, as well as the effective final drives in the first section. To the left, you will see the RPM fall back point for each shift, and down and to the right (below the first section) you will see the max speed in each gear.

So i know everyone wants to chase a target ET, but what most people dont realize is you need to have your setup with a target trap speed in mind. IF your car is trapping 110 mph for instance, and 4th gear tops out at 105 with your given gear and tire setup, you're slowing yourself down by having to shift into 5th to finish the race. That's basically how i am looking at your setup. All my experience is in the 1/4, but a quick google search shows most 3.7s doing anywhere from 80-85 mph in the 8th (i'll admit, i didnt look that hard, but the concept still applies). You also want to be going through the traps right at the top of your rev range, because that is where all of your power is.

If you look at the sheet, you're going to have to be in 4th gear to trap 85+ in the 1/8, and into 5th to finish the 1/4. That is going to cost a lot of time. I know you already have the hoosiers, but what i would personally do is keep the 3.73s and drop down to a 27" tire. That would give you the following top speeds:

1. 37 mph

2. 61 mph

3. 93 mph

4. 125 mph

That setup would be much better for the 1/8. It would save you a shift, as well as have you going through the traps at the top(ish) of 3rd where the car will be pulling harder than the bottom of 4th.

Thanks so much! Probably what I will
Do

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts