Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a pic online with a mustang rocking the deep dish 10.5's on the rear AND the front. I have to admit it looks pretty sexy, so I'm wondering if anyone runs this set up and what it would take?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
They probably had to make major changes. That size wheel in the front on a Mustang would make it very difficult for the wheels to turn because of the lack of space.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

9s are the widest anyone recommends

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
9 wide on front with a 6.1 back space is about as far as you want to go, even then its a bi to much for the full turning such that 03/04 cobras that run them had to have a rack limiter.

Stay 8 wide if you can on the front no real need to go any bigger at least no bigger than 9 wide.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my plan is to just do 9 front and back so I rotate. I just thought if there is a way I would totally run em.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea rotating works great for tire life, just get spacers out back if you want a staggered look without the cost of not rotating.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not super hot on the staggered look, cuz that's all it is..a look. It doesn't really give any performance benefits but wider fronts do. So if I can fit wider fronts than I'm all for it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i just like when the rear wheels dont look sunk in and usually they will if the front are setup right and you buy rear ones to match. You end up with the front looking good but the rear look bad. Spacers just fix that one issue by pushing the rear out where they should go.

I needed wider rear rims and the front cant take more than 9 wide stock so I didnt have a choice :( but I wanted 8 wide in the front :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts