Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was looking to buy new springs I noticed some would say they need new shocks/struts and and gt500 strut mounts in order for them to fit correctly. Is this due to springs made specifically for a 11' do not need this but a spring made for a 2005'+ needs new shocks/struts strut mounts in order to work? mounts in order to fit?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Sorry for that last confusing bit. That's what I get for posting from my phone.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
All of the springs are interchangeable, as are the struts. The strut mounts have different bolts and few manufacturers make struts for the 11+ strut mounts. The reason everyone jumps for the GT500 strut mounts is because these are the ones that fit the car as well as 05-10 struts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
All of the springs are interchangeable, as are the struts. The strut mounts have different bolts and few manufacturers make struts for the 11+ strut mounts. The reason everyone jumps for the GT500 strut mounts is because these are the ones that fit the car as well as 05-10 struts
I think the 11+ springs are ever so slightly different, but can be coerced into working on an 05-10 strut mount, and vice versa. MM has some info on this on their site:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/s...=product_info&cPath=514_2_77&products_id=1400

·
Registered
598 Posts
My understanding is the strut shaft is a different diameter & thread length on '11+. Either Maximum Motorsports or Vorshlag has some good side-by-side pictures showing the difference. I was under the impression that the springs were all the same.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
My understanding is the strut shaft is a different diameter & thread length on '11+. Either Maximum Motorsports or Vorshlag has some good side-by-side pictures showing the difference. I was under the impression that the springs were all the same.
The struts are known to be different. I thought the springs were the same as well, but Maximum Motorsports has a good track record of knowing what they're talking about. I'll take their word over my assumptions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts