Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the '11+ stock intake is the same as the GT stock intakes? Also, anyone know if the "inlet air temp" guage is measuring temp at the MAF or at the throttle body? Thanks

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
The GT will have two more ports. So it won't fit. Just assuming

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Anyone know if the '11+ stock intake is the same as the GT stock intakes? Also, anyone know if the "inlet air temp" guage is measuring temp at the MAF or at the throttle body? Thanks
And I believe the gauge is measuring this maf sensor. Ill have to look but last I checked I think that's where it was.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than the additional ports, do you know if the snorkel and overall diameter are the same? I'm asking because I've been reading some of the 5.0 threads on stock intake vs CAI with 1/4 mile comparisons and airflow readings. Interesting stuff and if the intakes are basically the same diameters the results would most likely transfer over to the 3.7. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Other than the additional ports, do you know if the snorkel and overall diameter are the same? I'm asking because I've been reading some of the 5.0 threads on stock intake vs CAI with 1/4 mile comparisons and airflow readings. Interesting stuff and if the intakes are basically the same diameters the results would most likely transfer over to the 3.7. Thanks!
Where at? That seems like something to read up on. I always assumed the 5.0 is well alot bigger built than a 3.7

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I know the intake's are way different. The 3.7 throttle body is angled toward the driver fender, the 5.0 points straight at the radiator. The diameter of the 5.0 intake is rumored to be at 82mm. Our upgraded BBK TB is only 72mm (compared to 85mm and 90mm for 5.0).

The MAF does read intake temps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where at? That seems like something to read up on. I always assumed the 5.0 is well alot bigger built than a 3.7
Here's the link to the mustangevolution post. The post links to three interesting threads on other forums. Did more serching and Sanguin is right. Looks like the 5.0 has 3.5" throttle body and tube, while the 3.7 uses 3". Airbox seems to be the same. I'm guessing the testing results carry over to the 3.7, especially on the non-tune CAI's. I like my Airaid, but damn they did some nice real world testing. Even sounds like some automatic users solved some irratic shift issues by swapping out their JLT cai for stock (due to what looks like smoother air flow vs the JLT).

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t302196/#post1106379

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
A thread was started a few weeks ago about CAI's and the 3.7.

Simply put, a CAI on a 3.7, without other mods nets you nothing in the way of HP gains. The stock system flows very well. If you want the CAI, buy it because it will dress up your engine, or make better sounding noise under the hood when you hit the drive by wire pedal (what used to be a gas pedal). Don't buy it and expect any performance gains on it's own.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
A thread was started a few weeks ago about CAI's and the 3.7.

Simply put, a CAI on a 3.7, without other mods nets you nothing in the way of HP gains. The stock system flows very well. If you want the CAI, buy it because it will dress up your engine, or make better sounding noise under the hood when you hit the drive by wire pedal (what used to be a gas pedal). Don't buy it and expect any performance gains on it's own.
You gotta get a tune and headers with the CAI. Plus get rid of the stock x pipe. You need a high flowing x pipe with the headers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts