Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into a fender bender and looking for a new bumper and grill combo. Was thinking about a gt 500 front end setup but will the front Shelby bumper fit on the GT? What will look better roush or GT bumper with the Shelby grill?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The shelby grille does not fit with the GT opening, unless you get the grille from CDC.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Yes the Shelby front end will bolt up to the gt front end you only need a few extra parts. Or if your interested I have a GT front end for sale.

·
Registered
200 Posts
No I got the whole setup from ford..bumper cover..lower and upper grille, radiator splash guard and rock chip guard underneath plus the fog lights. The CDC grille omly works with the gt bumper..the GT and Shelby have slightly different grille openings

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your saying lol that if I go with the Shelby setup from ford I should be fine everything will fit, but is there a cheaper place to buy the parts since I don't want the Shelby emblem on my gt since its not a shelby

·
Registered
200 Posts
I haven't found a after market grille without the emblem that fits in the shelby opening.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was originally gonna keep my LED fogs in the shelby bumper but quickly found out that they arent the same size opening.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Im pretty sure the only difference between a GT and a GT/CS is the lower fog lights and a chin spoiler with a lil more lip so yes the cdc will work but you can also buy the fog lights to fit the openings on a GT

·
Registered
198 Posts
I read on a forum that the front fenders of the GT500 are slightly different than the 5.0. You should be able to verify this with Ford.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ford dealership I went to didn't even know if the bumper would fit they just said yea it should lol. But I have to buy a whole new bumper anyways so I gues I'll just buy the CS bumper with the lights are hopefully included because they aren't with the Shelby bumper at least that's what they told me and then get the CDC grille? But stang how did you like your look with that grill? Have anything crash into that big opening in the front yet?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love the look I made the decision to swap out the bumper a few days after I got ot..it just took forever to come in. Nope no giant bugs or animals in there yet lol

View attachment 93393

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Shelby mustang Muscle car

·
Registered
200 Posts
No its the same as owning a GT 500 lol no different at all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.