Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one successfully installed front cobra brakes( calipers and all) on the rear of a gt?? I think it would look good, any thoughts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I'd put the GT fronts on the back and the Cobras in the front,, that's if the GTs will fit in the back (don't see why not but you never know)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, not a bad idea.. Just thought having cobras in the rear would look sweet plus I have not seen it done before

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Baer makes a 13" brake upgrade

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
How would you use your e-brake?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I did this on an 01 mustang V6 (front only) was very simple. Just needed the calipers, brake pads, rotors, and brake lines.

For the rear its just a bracket and new rotors, not really worth doing out back for the most part~

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I agree, I'm going with the 10th anniversary calipers , rotors and lines . Like to have matching calipers all the way around

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure you'll find new 10th anniversary calipers anymore but you can find cobra calipers on eBay all day long

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

The only difference between the 10th anniversary and regular cobra calipers is that the 10th are red, buy some on eBay and powder coat em red

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Mustang_Madness said:
I have cobra brakes and calipers on all 4
Simple swap in the rear¿ it sucks having a 13" up front and some weak looking ones in the back,,,,

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 13" slotted and drilled rotors all the way around but I still have stock gt calipers. What do recommend for aftermarket calipers that aren't too expensive?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Rock auto has the cobra brake calipers. But you need the bracket and the 13 inch rotor and pads. I recommend getting stainless steel brake lines for the front.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I have 13" slotted and drilled rotors all the way around but I still have stock gt calipers. What do recommend for aftermarket calipers that aren't too expensive?
How do you have 13" rotors on the stock calipers? You would need a new bracket to fit a 13" rotor. Cobra brakes like mentioned above are a good upgrade for GTs for the money. Really anything after that is the big kits made by Brembo, Wilwood, SSBC, etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They are 13" oem rotors

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

The stock GT calipers will fit up to 13" rotors

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
They are 13" oem rotors

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

The stock GT calipers will fit up to 13" rotors
Not without a relocation bracket... stock rotor size is 11"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts